Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What is the craziest lie you ever believed?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Coffee Addict

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 9:42 am
amother wrote:
As a kid I had underwear that had a different day of the week on each pair. Someone, I think my aunt, told me that if I wear the wrong day underwear the underwear police will come after me. I was petrified. I recently found onesies for my baby that have a day on each one and I couldn't bring myself to buy them! What if I put the wrong one on him? LOL

Anon cuz I bet she's on here.

That's hysterical! LOL

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 10:12 am
Toothfairy (believed she existed until I was 11 until one of my classmates said it is all a lie Very Happy)

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 10:27 am
That In My grandmother's basement there was a man called Noach.
That if we are bad at her house we will be thrown in there.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 10:39 am
I believed that I deserved to be abused by my husband and ex husband.

I believed that my expectations of being treated with derech eretz and love were unreasonable, and that I needed to accept being mistreated.

I believed that they meant it when they were really sorry and wanted to change, and then went right back to repeating the behavior.

I believed that I was alone, and I really am not.

crust

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 10:42 am
amother wrote:
I believed that I deserved to be abused by my husband and ex husband.

I believed that my expectations of being treated with derech eretz and love were unreasonable, and that I needed to accept being mistreated.

I believed that they meant it when they were really sorry and wanted to change, and then went right back to repeating the behavior.

I believed that I was alone, and I really am not.

Applause
Im so happy for you that everything is phrased in past tense.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 10:49 am
Moonlight wrote:

Also that they didn't invent color yet (that's why everything was black and white in the pictures ) but I don't think I believed that one very long

My brother told me this about the Wizard of Oz! That they only invented color television in middle of the filming, so that way why it's black and white in the beginning and color for the rest of the movie. Made perfect sense to me, so I went with it

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 11:18 am
groovy1224 wrote:
My brother told me this about the Wizard of Oz! That they only invented color television in middle of the filming, so that way why it's black and white in the beginning and color for the rest of the movie. Made perfect sense to me, so I went with it

That's not entirely false. Color was new and they wanted to use it to enhance the film. That's why there is so much color in Oz. But the scenes in Kansas are black and white to separate the two realities.
There are those who say that it is over colored. That would make sense since it is one of the first full length color films.

pause

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 11:44 am
amother wrote:
As a kid I had underwear that had a different day of the week on each pair. Someone, I think my aunt, told me that if I wear the wrong day underwear the underwear police will come after me. I was petrified. I recently found onesies for my baby that have a day on each one and I couldn't bring myself to buy them! What if I put the wrong one on him? LOL

Anon cuz I bet she's on here.

This is one of those things that you remember forever, and I doubt your aunt remembered a minute after she said it to you...

water_bear88

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 12:01 pm
pause wrote:
I always knew that it's the abundance of Vitamin A which makes it good for eye health in general.

True, it wasn't completely baseless. But carrots being singled out from other orange vegetables as especially potent is. Mind, I'm not sure why they had trouble getting kids to eat them- I thought orange vegetables tend to be popular among kids since they tend to be sweeter than green ones.

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 12:12 pm
That if you rip a blade of grass in half, you kill a Malach. That was courtesy of a shiur counselor in camp sternberg. Still don't like ripping grass and I think about it when my husband mows the lawn.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:09 pm
My friend with brown eyes suddenly had 1 blue eye. I said, "omg, your eye is blue." She said, "Oh yeah...that happens sometime when I have a headache." I thought that was the weirdest and coolest thing and told my whole high school. Later I found out it was a contact and felt very very dumb.

Moonlight

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:10 pm
amother wrote:
My friend with brown eyes suddenly had 1 blue eye. I said, "omg, your eye is blue." She said, "Oh yeah...that happens sometime when I have a headache." I thought that was the weirdest and coolest thing and told my whole high school. Later I found out it was a contact and felt very very dumb.
Rolling Laughter

debsey

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 3:12 pm
1091 wrote:
That if you rip a blade of grass in half, you kill a Malach. That was courtesy of a shiur counselor in camp sternberg. Still don't like ripping grass and I think about it when my husband mows the lawn.

I heard that in shiur in Camp Bnos (here's another misconception pretty much confined to girls BY camps - that "shiur" is pronounced Shay-or....)

It comes from the idea that not a single blade of grass grows without a malach hitting it and saying "grow."

So the converse, I suppose, is that if you idly rip up grass while listening to a boring Shay-or, you're killing a malach.

I remember asking my father about that one on visiting day, and he said Malachim aren't alive in the sense that you can kill one, but don't rip up grass anyway, it's ba'al tashchis.....which made more sense to me.

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 3:22 pm
debsey wrote:
I heard that in shiur in Camp Bnos (here's another misconception pretty much confined to girls BY camps - that "shiur" is pronounced Shay-or....)

It comes from the idea that not a single blade of grass grows without a malach hitting it and saying "grow."

So the converse, I suppose, is that if you idly rip up grass while listening to a boring Shay-or, you're killing a malach.

I remember asking my father about that one on visiting day, and he said Malachim aren't alive in the sense that you can kill one, but don't rip up grass anyway, it's ba'al tashchis.....which made more sense to me.

Lol. I heard this in two other camps also.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:56 pm
Chayalle wrote:
How?

If close enough, one can ask their friend. If not, try to get a reliable source. I know I wouldn't want to hang out with such people. I definitely wouldn't want someone who is open to extramarital affairs near my husband. Maybe I'm jaded because he's an addict and has cheated on me so it would be triggering in general, but I'm fairly certain I couldn't respect someone who does that enough to be their friend.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 6:02 pm
1091 wrote:

Well, the smell of fresh cut grass is the smell of the lawn trying to save itself from mutilation.

http://mentalfloss.com/article.....smell

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 8:24 pm
1091 wrote:

Omg I think we had the same shuir counselor!!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics