Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
FOUND! Affordable tznius comfy tops that don't need shells!
1  2  Next

seeker

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 9:40 pm
There have definitely been posts on here before looking for them, I don't feel like hunting down the old threads but I did want to share that I was in Kew Gardens Hills (NY) today and found a large selection of decently priced tops at Eshet Chayil on Main Street. Most of the store was t-shirts that were kind of like shells in feel but in a wide variety of designs and colors. THE NECKS WERE GREAT. I have a very narrow neck with a protruding collarbone so even things that fit nicely on other people look less-than-tznius on me, but I found so many things that fit that it was hard to narrow down what to choose! All the shirts were $22 except a few on clearance. Not shabby for something that DOESN'T NEED A SHELL. There were similar shirts even by the same brands in other stores on the same street for lower prices BUT those had stretched-out looking necks. I don't think the ones I bought are going to stretch out too easily, though; it looked like they were just cut in the right shape. And I'm going to guard them with my life because that's how long it took to find something comfortable and tznius to wear - no dryer for these. BTW even though they felt like soft t-shirts, some of the designs were nice enough that I'd wear them as Shabbos tops with the right skirt.

So that was about 75% of the store but there was also one wall of dressier tops, also decent prices - like $25-45 - Brands like YAL, nice things, also skirts... limited sizes but try your luck. I would have walked out of there a LOT poorer except I have a firm policy of only buying an outfit if I can get the skirt and the top in the same place on the same day - too many experiences of getting something that looked like it would be easy to match and then never did. There were skirts and tops that went together beautifully but none that were right for me, especially since I need quite a different size on top and bottom... but they were really nice tops and skirts and prices!

The store owner was pleasant to work with, too. He had lots of patience with me going in and out of his fitting room a hundred times, asking questions, being indecisive... he had a good sense of how the sizing of the various brands/items ran.

Anyway that was exciting. I am typing too much again. This means it must be bedtime since it certainly doesn't seem to be productive time. But I was too excited not to share.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:28 pm
Thanks for posting this. I just last week found a similar sounding store in 13th ave, around the corner from krm. Really inexpensive tznius skirts, t-shirts that don't need shells (several brands, I found the collars on the paniz ones best, although they were inconsistent and I and to try on each one to check the collar. $17.99). Super impressed with the prices and selection. I hope more stores like these pop up, without the high price tags .

seeker

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:38 pm
Details on which BP store that was? It's probably worth paying more just to not have to look for parking in BP, and I did already buy mine, but still interested just 'cuz.

The ones I bought were Paniz as well as Devorah's Secret. Never heard of either brand before but they seemed very similar in fit and style. I found the fit pretty consistent at this store - not 100% but close enough to make good predictions, however as I said there were shirts by the same brand in other stores whose necks were no good at all. So I'm not sure what's going on with the brands.

Tell me more about the really inexpensive skirts, though, because I do want a couple of new skirts to put a new spin on the tops I already have that I keep wearing with black. Black is easy but I'm getting sick of it.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:29 am
The store I found is called clover. I don't know how long they've been there (on 13th, right off of the block with krm, which I think is 38th). I needed a whole new wardrobe, due to size change. I bought 3 paniz skirts (navy, black, and white), which are very nice shabbosdik material and lined. They were slightly more at $39 each. But I also bought a cobalt blue skirt, a dark khaki skirt, and teal skirt. (All three lined and nice quality) that were $22 each, and 2 very nice printed skirts that were on clearance for $11 each. Best part is that they all fit well, look well made, and are tznius.

I noticed that they had knee length skirts in a heavy slinky skirt material (sorry if that makes no sense) in a few different colors Marked down to 15 dollars.

They had some fancier shabbos dresses, and shabbos tops and skirts. They said several brands of the long sleeve no shell t-shirts. They also had the dickey collars I've been seeing around-not a huge selection, but I think only $10. They also carried maxi skirts, solid and tye dye.

strawberry cola

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:31 am
anyone know of an online source?

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 6:13 am
I don't know about online sources but now that we know a brand that makes this kind of thing you can try searching for it online and see if anyone sells it. Seems Paniz is the one both of us bought, and I also found some from Devorah's Secret.

busy mommy

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 6:41 am
Devorah's Secret has a website with free domestic shipping.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 6:45 am
Maternity anyone?

GetReal

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 7:04 am
Is this what you got? http://getviewsworldwide.wixsi.....hirts

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 10:27 am
Looks similar, but not with stripes. They had many varied designs.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 10:48 am
New amother here:
I purchased Devorah's Secrets tops like you are describing at Elzee's for $15. They are not all cut the same way and you need to try each of them on.

Clover is the same owner and idea as Designers Spot. They opened a few months ago.

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 10:54 am
Where's Designers Spot? I like the idea of the $22 skirts amother speaks of... I'm looking for skirts in a couple of colors to pull together outfits. Maybe it's a midlife crisis or something but I have very suddenly and radically shifted from my previous philosophy of "just go with black, it matches everything and saves so much time" to craving coordinated colors. Too bad I'm breaking the bank in the process embarrassed

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 10:57 am
seeker wrote:
Where's Designers Spot? I like the idea of the $22 skirts amother speaks of... I'm looking for skirts in a couple of colors to pull together outfits. Maybe it's a midlife crisis or something but I have very suddenly and radically shifted from my previous philosophy of "just go with black, it matches everything and saves so much time" to craving coordinated colors. Too bad I'm breaking the bank in the process embarrassed

Boro Park 13th and 39th (Designers Spot is a children's store. Clover is a women's store.)

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 11:04 am
Designer Spot is a block over from Clover with KRM in between the 2.

debsey

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 11:21 am
amother wrote:
The store I found is called clover. I don't know how long they've been there (on 13th, right off of the block with krm, which I think is 38th). I needed a whole new wardrobe, due to size change. I bought 3 paniz skirts (navy, black, and white), which are very nice shabbosdik material and lined. They were slightly more at $39 each. But I also bought a cobalt blue skirt, a dark khaki skirt, and teal skirt. (All three lined and nice quality) that were $22 each, and 2 very nice printed skirts that were on clearance for $11 each. Best part is that they all fit well, look well made, and are tznius.

I noticed that they had knee length skirts in a heavy slinky skirt material (sorry if that makes no sense) in a few different colors Marked down to 15 dollars.

They had some fancier shabbos dresses, and shabbos tops and skirts. They said several brands of the long sleeve no shell t-shirts. They also had the dickey collars I've been seeing around-not a huge selection, but I think only $10. They also carried maxi skirts, solid and tye dye.

I love the Paniz skirts. They are wash and wear, come out of the washer perfect, just hang to dry. I find they are worth the price.

These knee length skirts in a heavier slinky material - that sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Does anyone reading this know where you can find them in Lakewood? Haven't seen anywhere.

I also can't seem to find any good quality dickeys in Lakewood. DD wears them on shabbos, but can't find anything. anyone have any leads?

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 2:06 pm
GetReal wrote:
Is this what you got? http://getviewsworldwide.wixsi.....hirts

Are these shirts very fitted/tight?

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 2:33 pm
Anyone know until what size clover carries?

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 3:49 pm
My mother and sinlings bought on amazon. Jess n jane and they r really nice but run big. Buy a size smaller than u need.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....lSrch

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:17 pm
debsey wrote:
I love the Paniz skirts. They are wash and wear, come out of the washer perfect, just hang to dry. I find they are worth the price.

These knee length skirts in a heavier slinky material - that sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Does anyone reading this know where you can find them in Lakewood? Haven't seen anywhere.

I also can't seem to find any good quality dickeys in Lakewood. DD wears them on shabbos, but can't find anything. anyone have any leads?

On clovers shopping bag there is a Lakewood address listed. I can post it when I get home.

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:32 pm
debsey wrote:

Which Paniz skirts do you love? Or do they only make one kind? Curious because in my line of work I end up needing to wash practically everything I put on and it's hard on the wardrobe.

The store where I went had a lot of dickeys. It wasn't in Lakewood but maybe they have online. Or maybe could find out what brand it is and hunt them down. I found it amusing because until then I hadn't seen dickeys since the shells took over maybe 15 years ago.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics