Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How much for extended hours babysitting Lakewood

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 10:13 am
I'm starting to babysit in Lakewood, longer hours, until 3:30 or so, and not on school or yeshiva schedule. More like every day but erev yom tov and some isru chag. Maybe a week off in the summer or something.
How much is the going rate hourly for such a babysitter? I'm talking about NB until age 2 not older. And how does it work if parents don't send one day or don't send a few hours one day? Do they pay the hours they commit for? Do they only pay the hours they end up sending and there's a sign in sheet? What do your babysitters do?

questioner

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 10:31 am
Standard babysitting is $4 an hour. I'm not sure how much more you can charge for the extended hours unless you take CHS.
Most babysitters have a policy of a few times a year you can not send and not pay, and past that you pay even if you don't send your child.

Where are you located? I'm looking for a babysitter with longer hours.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 12:01 pm
Till 3:30 is considered longer hours?

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 2:27 am
questioner wrote:
Standard babysitting is $4 an hour. I'm not sure how much more you can charge for the extended hours unless you take CHS.
Most babysitters have a policy of a few times a year you can not send and not pay, and past that you pay even if you don't send your child.

Where are you located? I'm looking for a babysitter with longer hours.

4$ an hour? Sounds like so little! I was thinking of babysitting I thought it was 5 or 6 an hour. How many kids do most people take to make it worth it?

questioner

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 9:55 am
too many Sad

PAMOM

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 12:30 pm
I paid 10.00/hr on the condition that the sitter only watch up to 3 kids.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 3:11 pm
PAMOM wrote:

I would be happy to do only 3 kids for 10 an hour. Anyway I think more than that isn't safe

keym

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 3:15 pm
PAMOM wrote:

And how much did each of those other parents pay? Did they also pay a lot? Im wondering how that worked.out to be worth it for the babysitter.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 7:13 pm
$4 is standard but some def charge $4.50 per hr.

yes, in lkwd, unfortunately 3:30 is considered extended hrs (even that is almost impossible to find!!)

there are def ppl who would be willing to pay $5-$6 an hr to have very few kids in a group. I don't think you'd find anyone willing to pay more than that it, $ really adds up! I pay $500 ($4 hrly) monthly for my baby 9-3:45, that's more than lots of ppl in lkwd monthly tuition in school:(

lots of sitters charge more of a flat monthly rate-meaning add it all up and that's how much you pay each wk/mnth and if you don't come than usually they give you 1-2 days leeway per month. some not even that. and of course for yom tov you won't get pd.

if you do a basic set rate per month then clocking in is no necc much harder to base it on parents cheshboning exactly when they came/picked up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics