Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do they still make long cotton robes?

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 12:58 pm
Mine finally wore out (at the zipper, so not really fixable). I don't want a long model's coat (I have one of those) I want something with a zipper but cool & light to throw on Friday after shower while running around kitchen with last minute things...

not the slinky or polyester type. And CANNOT require a slip either... yeah, I know, I am picky..

Preferably on-line but if a regular heimishe store carries it I guess I can maybe get to one (in Brooklyn or Lakewood).

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:58 pm
amother wrote:
Mine finally wore out (at the zipper, so not really fixable). I don't want a long model's coat (I have one of those) I want something with a zipper but cool & light to throw on Friday after shower while running around kitchen with last minute things...

not the slinky or polyester type. And CANNOT require a slip either... yeah, I know, I am picky..

Preferably on-line but if a regular heimishe store carries it I guess I can maybe get to one (in Brooklyn or Lakewood).

I bought a really nice ankle length one last year at the Robe Spot on 43 and 15. They usually have something every year. I wear them for summer shabbos but they're easily used for what you need as they're not really that dressy. Usually run about 90ish.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 2:03 pm
I don't know what a model's coat is. Natori makes cotton robes. Mine wraps -- most robes wrap, don't they -- but maybe they make them with zippers.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 3:14 pm
A model's coat is what e/o used to wear in Boro Park. It has snaps down the front & usually 3/4 sleeves (unless you're chassidish, then it might have long sleeves). It's also handy to wear over your clothing if you come home from work & don't have time to change before you put up supper etc.

But I prefer a zipper because a wrap isn't so secure. Natori seems to make caftans but not with a neckline I can use.

Forgot to mention I need a 2X or so.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics