Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
How often do you call your mother?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:25 pm
I wonder.
Thanks.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:28 pm
Usually daily but I don't necessarily always speak to her sometimes its my siblings or my father.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:29 pm
Never.
She's toxic and I cut off contact with her.

MommyM

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:30 pm
Every few days, or if I have something I need to speak to her about then it may become daily.

Moonlight

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:32 pm
Usually every night, sometimes in middle of day too if I have something to ask/share. I see her maybe twice a year

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:33 pm
And if you don't have what to speak To her, how often would you call her?
If you call her just like that what do you talk about?

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:36 pm
Every day. My mother calls her mother every day too, so I guess that's just how I was raised.

Moonlight

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:39 pm
amother wrote:
And if you don't have what to speak To her, how often would you call her?
If you call her just like that what do you talk about?

Sometimes it's just two minutes, Hi what's new? Any Simchas to tell each other about, how're the grandparents? Any cute things the kids/nephews did? What's on your agenda for tomorrow?

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:39 pm
Random. Sometimes few times a day. Sometimes not for a few days. Today she called me in the morning to ask me something, I hadn't spoken to her since Friday. With my sister it's the same. My brothers on the other hand, call her everyday non stop.

Last edited by mommy3b2c on Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

cm

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:44 pm
Usually once a week.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:45 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Random. Sometimes few times a day. Sometimes not for a few days. Today she called me in the morning to ask me something, I hadn't spoken to her since Friday. With my sister it's the same. My brothers on the other hand, call her everyday non stop.

That's so interesting and refreshing - I always thought daughters generally call their mothers more often than sons, but I guess that is just the stereotype.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:47 pm
amother wrote:
That's so interesting and refreshing - I always thought daughters generally call their mothers more often than sons, but I guess that is just the stereotype.

It's a stereotype, but it's based on truth. Many daughters are closer to their moms than their brothers. But many boys are equally close to their moms. I would say all of us are equally close to her. Don't know exactly why my brothers call her more.

Rachel Shira

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:51 pm
I speak to my mother every Friday. If I have a random question I'll call her another day too.

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:59 pm
Rachel Shira wrote:
I speak to my mother every Friday. If I have a random question I'll call her another day too.

Same. And it's never enough for her.

jewwoman

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 2:02 pm
Usually everyday. Or every other day. We used to live far away and we spoke every 2 days. Now its more often because we live really close by.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 2:07 pm
1091 wrote:
And it's never enough for her.

And how does she express that, may I ask?

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 2:12 pm
We tend to text or Whatsapp for quick questions or cute things to share. We speak a few times a week, but not on a set schedule except for erev Shabbos.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 2:25 pm
1091 wrote:
Same. And it's never enough for her.

I talk to my mother daily, twice a day by her preference, and it's never enough for her. shock Yes, she likes to be overly involved in her children's lives. Yes, she's an empty-nester and bored out of her wits. Yes, I'd prefer to talk much less often. And yes, we've all tried to have an honest conversation with her and it's turned into WWIII.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 2:29 pm
amother wrote:
I talk to my mother daily, twice a day by her preference, and it's never enough for her. shock Yes, she likes to be overly involved in her children's lives. Yes, she's an empty-nester and bored out of her wits. Yes, I'd prefer to talk much less often. And yes, we've all tried to have an honest conversation with her and it's turned into WWIII.

OP here. I can't stop laughing from your post!!
How about WWIII has turned into a cold war already???? LOL LOL

icebreaker

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 2:42 pm
My mother calls me just about every day, multiple times a day. We hit a really rough patch a couple years ago and didn't have any contact with one another for a while. We've since reconciled and the phone calls are daily. Sometimes I think it's too much but I almost always answer (unless I'm working).
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette