Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Help me set up a daily schedule please

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 10:00 pm
For the days between school and day camp.

Girls ages 5 & 3 1/2 and 19 mo.
Mommy doesn't have bundles of energy these days but I'd still like to do local park and hopefully beach one day (= subway= up/ down stairs etc)

Baby naps around 11-1 (for about and hour and so) so I'd do beads or other activities not age appropriate at that time.

So who can help me?
TIA!

kiwi strawberry

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 10:12 pm
Following.

I want to do subway-beach one day too, maybe prospect park zoo by subway too on a day that's not too hot, and maybe kids n action one day (indoor gym/soft play area).

Also I'm thinking of indoor activities like baking and different projects. Baking- aleph bais or any shape cookies, maybe challah, maybe look through a cookbook and bake something we've never done or don't make often. Projects-my 5 year old daughter loves any sort of project like cutting, gluing, and painting, so maybe something with popsicle sticks, and buying a new set of paints or a different kind like paint markers or something.

Another thing is help me make supper some days, which she usually doesn't get to do.

My problem is not a lack of things to do per se but more making an actual schedule of the day.

As I said, following Smile

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 10:46 pm
Exactly strawberry. We have the activities and toys but need help in how to structure the day.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 3:52 pm
How early do they wake up?
I haven't done this before, but I'll give it a shot

8am breakfast
8:20 clean up kitchen and bedrooms
8:40 daven (keep age appropriate)
9:00 - 10:00 park (including walking back and forth
10:00 snack and clean up
10:10-10:30 story time
10:30-11:00 painting/coloring/I like using bingo markers, for the baby finger paint with jello or pudding/ edible clay is also fun
11:00-11:30 kiddie pool
11:30-12:15 dry up, dress,prepare lunch, eat lunch, bench, clean up
12:15-1:30 baby nap, free play with toys, mommy can kinda nap.

That's all I have.
Sorry if it wasn't much help.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 7:44 pm
This is what I do....

Till about 10:00 they basically just play. I let them wake up as late as they want, take their time to get dressed and eat breakfast (I also stay around in my pjs till late Smile ) and then I have a few toys out that they could play with (I try to switch off so that they are different then yesterday).

About 10:00 I put the baby in for a nap and do a project with them. By 10:45 we are usually done . I then let them watch a video for around an hour (its only a few days they have off so its so bad) while I rest or clean up.

12:00 we have lunch and then pack up to go out

1:00 we leave
Most days we go to the park - I switch off with neighborhood parks so its always interesting. I also take along chalk, bubbles, balls, water balloons, clothes to go in the sprinkler with, snacks, drinks - my goal is the keep the kids busy and stay out as long as possible so the house doesn't turn upside down Smile.

We are usually home by 4:00/4:45 (give or take depending on the day or weather or if we went someone else like the zoo. or somtimes I'll make a quick stop at the store on the way back. If I really want to fill up time, I'll take them for a slush, its not so expensive and we sit in the store while they have it - it could take up an extra 20-30 minutes (till I pay and ect..) if I want to bake with the kids, I come home a little earlier to have time for that)
The kids are usually tired when we get home so will usually play nicely. If needed I let them have a little more computer time. Meanwhile I make supper, and take care of other things.

around 5:45 is supper.

6:15 I usually start the bedtime routine - baths, pjs, read some books together.

6:45/7 I put them to bed

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 9:20 pm
This is what I do...
Till 8 wake up and get dressed and eat breakfast it's 930, they hang around the house a little, play ect

At 11,we go to. Park (with sprinklers, sand, equipment) till about 330/4, then we come home baths, make supper, play and go to bed around 7.

I love hanging out with my kids.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 9:48 pm
Thank u all! Keep 'em coming!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers