Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
This gives me faith in people

singleagain

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 9:19 pm

debsey

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 10:05 pm
How so? The guy at minute 5 is pretty anti-Semitic, and he's not shy or scared to say them.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 4:25 am
The majority of ppl spoke up and/or left to take their business elsewhere, directly as a result of the "hate" spewed by the guy behind the counter

debsey

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 4:51 pm
singleagain wrote:
The majority of ppl spoke up and/or left to take their business elsewhere, directly as a result of the "hate" spewed by the guy behind the counter

Have you ever seen other WWYD episodes? It's very rare that someone agrees with the racist guy, they usually either look uncomfortable, leave, or say something. Here, another person in the store felt totally OK being just as hateful. That's scary.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 5:38 pm
debsey wrote:
Have you ever seen other WWYD episodes? It's very rare that someone agrees with the racist guy, they usually either look uncomfortable, leave, or say something. Here, another person in the store felt totally OK being just as hateful. That's scary.

I usually speak up. Since the murders in Portland I might think twice. Hard to say, it all would depend on my adrenaline levels.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 10:19 pm
I used to watch it all the time. It's edited a lot it show the ppl who stand up for injustice me
.... Often. They say "we did the scenario x times over a day(s) and y number of ppl spoke up." And at times (like this clip) they have an expert explain how/why ppl would or would not get involved. Also they have to get permission to show it on TV .. and many ppl who "didn't do the right thing" often don't give permission, or only give partial permission which is why you see blurred faces.

To me...even if one person out of a hundred speaks up against injustice, it gives me hope.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational