Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
VERMONT SUMMER VACATION
1  2  Next

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 1:39 pm
Hello,

Would you know where to stay in Vermont now in the summer for a few day vacation? somewhere with or near minyan, kosher food...
if you did Vermont in the past, please help me out with info where to buy kosher food, minyunim..etc..
is it possible to do with a 14 month old baby? what attractions can you do there with a baby? tia!

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 11:43 pm
If you want a daily minyan, you'll need to go with one of the programs - Gerstel, Sunflower, Menucha, KMR. I don't believe they allow non-participants to join their minyanim. On Shabbos Chabad of Burlington has minyan, but not during the week.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 1:40 pm
would you know which of these are open for the week of july 4? I'm having a hard time finding them online.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 2:32 pm
http://www.kmrtours.com/vermont/
http://www.vermontmenucha.com/index.html
http://vtgetaway.com/
Sunflower doesn't seem to have a web page, but is mentioned in old threads here, which may include a phone #.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 2:44 pm
thanks! seems like the only place open before aug 3 is Vermont menucha

nk

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 10:15 am
I am looking to go to vermont this summer.. has anybody gone to vtgetaway/gerstel before, that can give me some info? Thanks!

SuperWify

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 11:24 am
nk wrote:
I am looking to go to vermont this summer.. has anybody gone to vtgetaway/gerstel before, that can give me some info? Thanks!

I went and stayed in the hotel. While the attractions and area- Killington Mt- is very beautiful the food was of poor quality and most of the guests where chassidish. Nothing against chassidim , just awkward to be one of the only guests not chassidish.

It was the first year he did the hotel program so hopefully the food is better now.

nk

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 11:30 am
SuperWify wrote:
I went and stayed in the hotel. While the attractions and area- Killington Mt- is very beautiful the food was of poor quality and most of the guests where chassidish. Nothing against chassidim , just awkward to be one of the only guests not chassidish.

It was the first year he did the hotel program so hopefully the food is better now.

Thanks! Do you know anything about the condos? Or did you only inquire about the hotel?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 11:31 am
There are beautiful condos around the killington hotel that are very reasonably priced.
You can book them through the hotel site. We went for a week, and brought along food. We used the minyan that was part of VT getaway/or Menucha. It's very scenic up there, and we had a really nice time.

doctorima

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 11:40 am
Are you sure they allow you to participate in their minyan if you're not part of their program? When we looked into it, at least one of the programs (I believe Gerstel/Getaway) was adamant that you're not allowed to daven with them if you're not a paid guest. Has that changed? Or does Menucha have a different policy? Also, what type of crowd does Menucha attract?

nk

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 11:41 am
amother wrote:
There are beautiful condos around the killington hotel that are very reasonably priced.
You can book them through the hotel site. We went for a week, and brought along food. We used the minyan that was part of VT getaway/or Menucha. It's very scenic up there, and we had a really nice time.

How many bedrooms did you have in the condo? And do you remember how much you paid for the week?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 12:24 pm
doctorima wrote:
Are you sure they allow you to participate in their minyan if you're not part of their program? When we looked into it, at least one of the programs (I believe Gerstel/Getaway) was adamant that you're not allowed to daven with them if you're not a paid guest. Has that changed? Or does Menucha have a different policy? Also, what type of crowd does Menucha attract?

I think they are not too happy about it, but they won't refuse someone coming to daven.The menfolk only came for Shabbos so they davened with them only throughout Shabbos. I don't know what type of crowd, since we weren't in the same location. Menucha is a few minute walk from where we where. Trail creek and has about 30 condos.. a lot were empty, some non-jews, and 2 other frum families I think.

The place we stayed at was Trail Creek condos. Here's a link:
http://www.killington.com/plan.....niums

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 12:26 pm
nk wrote:
How many bedrooms did you have in the condo? And do you remember how much you paid for the week?

We had 3 bedrooms with 2 beds in each, plus a sofa that had a pull out bed for 2 people.
I think there are 3 bedroom condos and 2 bedroom condos, so you need to check what you book. I don't remember the prices, but you can check out the link and see what you get.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 1:26 pm
SuperWify wrote:

Has anybody gone to the Gerstel/VT Bein Hazmanim Getaway program in the past few years who could shed light on the current clientele? I always thought that the Menucha and Sunflower programs (which aren't opening this year) catered more to Chassidim, while Gerstel was somewhat more litvish. Can anybody confirm if that's currently the case?

And once you're posting, if you have anything else to add regarding accommodations, activities, food, etc., it would be greatly appreciated. We're considering going this year.

Simcha36

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:25 pm
Any nice condos with a minyan near by in the Poconos?

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:39 pm
FYI Vermont was added to the quarantine list

doctorima

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:52 pm
Simcha36 wrote:
Any nice condos with a minyan near by in the Poconos?

This is a thread about Vermont. You'll have better luck posting in a Poconos thread or starting your own.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:54 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
FYI Vermont was added to the quarantine list

Wow, do you have a source for this? I know that Cuomo added 10 states yesterday, but Vermont wasn't one of them.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Eemaof3

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 8:41 pm
There is also a quarantine requirements pending where you are coming from.

treetop12

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:19 pm
Vermont updates their quarantine by county every Friday. Parts of NJ and NY are still on it and will be subject to 14 day quarantine upon arrival.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics