Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Daughter wants to be a dad when she grows up
Previous  1  2  3

simba

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 7:57 pm
My kids tell me outright that they prefer tatty over me. I am fine with that. We have different roles and they have an involved father. They don't hate me but they hate thatI make them eat, go to bed, bathe etc...

Don't worry OP.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 10:22 pm
amother wrote:
My kids also always tell me that they love daddy more than me.
He is the fun one who buys them presents, takes them out and gives in to everything they want.
I would sometimes feel hurt when they said it, but now I am just happy that they have a father who would do anything for them and who adores them. I didn't have that and I am happy for them that they do.

I have also realised that although on the outside it looks like they love him more, its not nessesary the case.
My kids feel safe with me because I set boundaries. Whereas my dh can't always set boundaries and loses it with them (they don't take it very seriously)

To be honest, I would be happy if my daughter said tshe wanted to be a dad when they grow up. A healthy and loving father-daughter relationship is sooo important , I know, I didn't have one.

I could have written the same thing when my kids were little. Now that they're older they're closer to me than to my husband. He works long hours and so I'm the one who's always there for them. I drive their carpools, I listen to their little dramas, I'm the one who knows what's going on in their lives. I'm the one who knows which picky eaters like which food, who has no clean pants/skirts/shirts that they actually like. I know who has a test and what mark they got on it. I'm the one who hears when they had a hard day in school, or when they had a major accomplishment. When he's around and not too tired, yeah, he's more fun. But I'm the one they can rely on and they're finally old enough to realize it.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children