Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Anyone know a Rav who will help me do a soul correction?

rimon613

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 7:48 pm
I have been going through many difficult challenges in my life for the last few years. I pray a lot and I try to work on myself but I am still going through a lot. I want to understand what Hashem wants from me. Does anyone know a Rav I can talk to either in the US or in Israel who will help me understand what I need to work on and why I am going through what I am?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 8:24 pm
rimon613 wrote:
I have been going through many difficult challenges in my life for the last few years. I pray a lot and I try to work on myself but I am still going through a lot. I want to understand what Hashem wants from me. Does anyone know a Rav I can talk to either in the US or in Israel who will help me understand what I need to work on and why I am going through what I am?

I'm so sorry for your pain and suffering! Hug Hug
Unfortunately nobody can tell you why you have been dealing with so much. Be careful of charlatans.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 8:43 pm
I can't imagine there is any Rav alive today who KNOWS why anything happens in your life. But if you are feeling that the difficulties you are undergoing in life should cause you to do some soul searching for possible reasons and things to work on that is a different question. I personally don't know of anyone. I'm looking for such a Rav too. Perhaps others can make recommendations.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 8:49 pm
OP, I'm really sorry that you are going through hardships.
My first reaction to your thread title was that a Rav is not a Priest.
A Rav would definitely be helpful in guiding you through accepting your difficult times and understanding that Hashem still loves you, and perhaps even advise you something extra to take on though I don't think anyone can give you a reason.
Know that tefillos and tears never go to waste even if they don't always get answered the way we would like. I hope that Hashem blesses you soon with peace and serenity.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 9:55 pm
I'm so sorry that you are going through tough times.

If you meet a rabbi who tells you he knows why this is happening to you, run in the opposite direction. He's only going to make things worse.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 11:22 pm
I think therapy is a better choice.

Rabbis can say things that don't make sense.
My mom does the rabbi thing.
"Why are my kids off the derech?"
"Why does my kid suffer from anxiety?"
"Why does my husband abuse me?"
"Why...?"

Rabbi: it's a tickun from your previous gilgul

No you moron (get it? Maran -rabbi), it's because you didn't leave your abusive pedophile husband. It's because you also physically and emotionally abused your kids. That is what happens when we don't take care of ourselves and hurt our children.

It could be that she needs to fix from her previous gilgul, but I highly doubt that the answer helped her in any way. Actually it did, it helped her stay stuck in her denial and pain.

Please just go for therapy.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 11:47 pm
rimon613 wrote:

I felt like this for years when I was in shidduchim, longing for a mate while everyone else was getting married. I was certain I had done something evil, in this life or a past one, and I was being punished.

I went to many rabbis, some famous, some not, and NONE were helpful. I don't believe in kabbalists anymore because of that experience. I got tons of "segulos" and some really terrible advice that increased my anxiety and fears. I would never recommend anyone go to any of these rabbis.

NO ONE knows for sure what Hashem wants from you, so you have to try your best and have faith.

I am so, so sorry for your difficulties and challenges. That is so, so hard. Prayer is the best. Therapy can help. Having people to talk to would be great.

But going to a rabbi for a "soul correction"? Anyone that tries to sell you that should be stripped of his title. And if they charge money for it? R-U-N

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 9:43 am
Daven to Hashem for clarity!

If you need to talk to a person, try Breslov. Rabbi Shalom Arush, Rabbi Lazar Brody, or Rabbi Dr. Zev Ballen are all wonderful people. Contact info is on the Breslov website.

I've used Rabbi Dr. Ballen as a therapist, and he is amazing. Not cheap, but well worth it. Native English speaker. He can work by phone or Skype.

Rabbi Brody is hard to reach, because he spends most of his time on speaking tours and doing kiruv work.

I don't know if Rabbi Arush talks to women, and he only speaks Hebrew, but if you can get a message to him it would be worth it. He has a certain "insight" only great rabbonim have.

watergirl

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 10:23 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

If you need to talk to a person, try Breslov. Rabbi Shalom Arush, Rabbi Lazar Brody, or Rabbi Dr. Zev Ballen are all wonderful people. Contact info is on the Breslov website.

I've used Rabbi Dr. Ballen as a therapist, and he is amazing. Not cheap, but well worth it. Native English speaker. He can work by phone or Skype.

Rabbi Brody is hard to reach, because he spends most of his time on speaking tours and doing kiruv work.

I don't know if Rabbi Arush talks to women, and he only speaks Hebrew, but if you can get a message to him it would be worth it. He has a certain "insight" only great rabbonim have.

Rav Arush does not speak to women.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 10:30 am
watergirl wrote:
Rav Arush does not speak to women.

But he answers emails, questions.

cbg

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 11:20 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

I agree with the 3 suggestions above.
Especially Dr./Rabbi Ballen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics