Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Possible to have young kids,clean house, no yelling?
1  2  Next

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 12:02 am
Is it possible to keep a clean house, not yell or raise your voice, plus give each child individual attention and nurse a baby? If so, how do you do it?

PAMOM

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 12:02 am
No, it's not.

Reesa

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 12:03 am
Only if you have full time help!

gold21

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 12:07 am
No way! Lol.

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 12:12 am
No it's not. Unless you have only one baby and you are a sahm Smile
With two kids, even with yelling it ain't possible!
It's not a "goal" for me. It's nice having my apt looking 'loved in'. What's wrong with that?

pizza4

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 12:32 am
And be a good wife as well? And serve nutritious suppers every day? And be on top of the laundry too?
Lol

zaq

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 12:53 am
If you have any two out of the three at any one time, you're doing better than most.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 1:07 am
pizza4 wrote:
And be a good wife as well? And serve nutritious suppers every day? And be on top of the laundry too?
Lol

While working full time, homeschooling, sewing your kids clothing, and tending to your organic garden each day...

seeker

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 1:08 am
Maybe if you have a whole lot of cleaning help. Or maybe a housekeeper/nanny combination.

PBJ

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 1:19 am
Wow this is such a tough question. I think a couple of things come to play. First, is this something that's important to you or just something you feel pressured by what other people do (or what you think they do)? Second, do you work outside the home and if yes how much? Third, how old are your kids and do you ingrain tidy living habits in their routine (do they clear their place at the table, put their clothes in the hamper etc)? These are just some things that come to mind to consider. Personally I can't think in a mess and for myself I need to keep things clean (not spotless). I work full time so I do have some outside help but right now I'm working less hours temporarily and I'm finding that I can get to a lot more yourself. You said you were nursing a baby, are you postpartum? Early infant stages are a really tough time. My kids are 5 and 2 (I'm expecting #3) and are both trained to clean up and pick up after themselves (while plenty of times they need to be prompted and reminded but they know that these are part of the way our house runs) so the brunt doesn't completely fall on me.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 8:54 am
No. I dont think it's possible. 5 minutes after my cleaning lady leaves, the house is a mess again.

shlomki

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 10:39 am
I have 2 little kids- one a nursing baby and I find that when the kids are up it's not possible to keep the house too clean. I clean up the house every day after supper and it stays that way till the next morning. I already figured out that it's not worth being anxious about the mess while the kids are up; but it unnerves me nonetheless.
Also, sometimes DH's tend to add to the clutter Smile. We're not always in control...

mha3484

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 10:40 am
If I want to live on little sleep and lots of coffee sure.... In reality, I aim for reasonably clean and thank hashem every day its not my nature to yell.

egam

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 1:39 pm
pizza4 wrote:
Lol

I truly believe you are describing my DIL. Somehow she does it. Don't ask me how. She's a rarity.

I also believe that my son is involved in it. They make a very good team together.

Jstar

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 9:15 pm
no, not possible. Having a clean home is so so nice, and on top of that I think its good chinuch for kids to see respect for a home and possessions, so it bothers me soooo much that I cant maintain it. sometimes I cant/dont even try. so you are def not alone. embarrassed Rolling Eyes I dont want to see

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 9:24 pm
My dh printed out a piece of paper on my fridge that has the following on it:

it has a big triangle
top point says MY SANITY
bottom left point says HAPPY KIDS
bottom right says CLEAN HOUSE

and in huge letters says PICK TWO.

devorah1231

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 9:43 pm
Our bedroom and kitchen are off limits to little kids,so they stay relatively clean. Where baby toys are allows, I clean right before Shabbos and cleaning lady once a week. So not dirt dirty, just messy, and we are staying sane.

gold21

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 10:08 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
No. I dont think it's possible. 5 minutes after my cleaning lady leaves, the house is a mess again.

Haha, yes! Exactly

Moonlight

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 10:13 pm
No

Seriously

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 10:16 pm
Maybe not possible

Please prioritize not yelling over a clean house
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics