Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How much do you spend on stockings/hose a month?
1  2  Next

watergirl

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 8:14 pm
If you wear stockings/hose every day.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 8:43 pm
About $16 a month x4 months a year.

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Jun 22 2017, 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 8:48 pm
$60 once a year.

gold21

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 9:30 pm
If you would know me in real life, you would know that I'm the type of person whose pantyhose is gonna run... every single time I wear them. Lol. Not because im a sloppy messy klutz but I guess because I'm a laid back type of person, and thats exactly the type of thing that would happen to me. What I spent a ton on pantyhose when I used to wear it all summer (when I lived in a different area where women typically covered their legs). Really was not a fan of nude hosiery. Nowadays I only wear on Shabbos and I basically have to wear a new pair each week. Occasionally I can get away with wearing one pair twice.

petiteruchy

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 10:15 pm
I only wear for work, but I haven't replaced mine in two years. I wear knee highs whenever possible, and they last forever. Knee highs and sizing up tights really helps.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 11:53 pm
A lot. Unless I'm wearing a maxi skirt, I'm wearing stockings, and I don't wear the very sheer ones (melas?) that go on sale. I wear the levante 40 denier, with run at almost $10/ pair. I do was and rewear them, sometimes up to 5 or even 6 times. I don't go out on shabbos and tend to hang out in an ankle length slinky skirt on Sunday, so it's really 5 days a week.

isrmss91

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 12:10 am
I just have to look at some of my tights and they run. If you have lots of girls, buy stock in the Tights/hosiery companies. Opaque tights hold up the best. The skin colored ones are the worst offenders. Though I recently just tried a new brand & did have success with the Mod & Tone that had 20% lycra and those seem to be holding up pretty well. Wore them 4 times and not a run in sight!! I also tried a Berkshire one a while back that was great. Wish I remembered the item # to re-order. Then I bought another Berkshire in hopes I got the style number I purchased previously, but that one was the worst ever!! I got a run in that particular style after just an hour! I guess that wasn't the Berkshire style I had originally purchased.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 12:56 am
About $20 worth every 2-3 months

salt

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 1:18 am
I wear knee-high stockings. About 30 shekels ($8) per year to buy a few new ones.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 4:50 am
Mmmmm. Not much. Mine last foreverrrrrr, even with little kids. When I don't have a toddler, a pair can last me months.

noosheen

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 5:04 am
I am super picky with the pantyhose I wear cz I hate hate hate the way it feels on my legs. Unfortunately I also live in a city and neighbourhood where I cannot get away with wearing no hose,

I was spending about 10 per pr,
Only bought on sale and they'd last 1-2 wearings. But I recently bought a pr jockey pantyhose decided to try and they are really great. Color is good,
Very durable. They haven't run yet and Ive got about 4-5 wearings so far.
Washed them by hand and hung to dry.
I bought one sz up.
http://I.imgur.com/Nk90El1.jpg

watergirl

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 6:34 am
ra_mom wrote:
About $16 a month x4 months a year.

How? I've lived in a few cities, and the stockings cost about $4/pair minimum. How many pairs are you buying, and how are they not snagging, ripping, getting ruined so fast? When I wear for a wedding, its one and done.

watergirl

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 6:37 am
amother wrote:
$60 once a year.

How??? You wear daily? I just bough dd 5 pairs for camp. At $4/each, that alone was $20! And they are only good for a few wears each. Share your secrets!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 7:30 am
watergirl wrote:
How? I've lived in a few cities, and the stockings cost about $4/pair minimum. How many pairs are you buying, and how are they not snagging, ripping, getting ruined so fast? When I wear for a wedding, its one and done.

I usually wear pantyhose 6 times a week and one usually one rips every week.
What brand/style do you wear?
Are you wearing the right size? Washing on cold/delicate in net bags and hanging to dry? Take them off when you're home? Slipping both hands into each pantyhose leg one side at a time and rolling all the way down to the bottom before slipping over your toes and then slowing pulling it up over that leg? Toe nails, finger nails and loose cuticles cut? I know it sounds crazy but these things make a difference. shock

cnc

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 9:01 am
I started wearing Memoi 30 denier . No runs and they can last a full season.

gold21

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 9:18 am
ra_mom wrote:
Are you wearing the right size? Washing on cold/delicate in net bags and hanging to dry? Take them off when you're home? Slipping both hands into each pantyhose leg one side at a time and rolling all the way down to the bottom before slipping over your toes and then slowing pulling it up over that leg? Toe nails, finger nails and loose cuticles cut? I know it sounds crazy but these things make a difference. shock

Lol. Good tips.

Half the time the reason my pantyhose run is cuz they snag on something while I'm wearing them... Like my kids Velcro shoe... Hard to prevent...

I wear Tall in Melas and according to the chart I should wear Small. (does that brand run small or what?)

Last edited by gold21 on Thu, Jun 22 2017, 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

watergirl

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 9:19 am
cnc wrote:
I started wearing Memoi 30 denier . No runs and they can last a full season.

Even in the summer?

watergirl

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 9:21 am
ra_mom wrote:

I do all of that! If I buy, its Melas, the regular thinnest (12 I think).

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 10:46 am
gold21 wrote:
Lol. Good tips.

Half the time the reason my pantyhose run is cuz they snag on something while I'm wearing them... Like my kids Velcro shoe... Hard to prevent...

I wear Tall in Melas and according to the chart I should wear Small. (does that brand run small or what?)

I hate Melas... I wear no nonsense and they are amazing and silky and almost never run!

cnc

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 12:48 pm
watergirl wrote:
Even in the summer?

Only in the summer.
In the winter my colored hose are 60 denier.

30 denier are not thick at all. Mine are sheer. ( They come in opaque as well.)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics