Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Halo bassinet/ swaddle me by my bed bassinet

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 10:49 pm
Anyone have either of these and can tell me till what age it's safe for a baby to sleep in?

I was originally looking into the halo bassinet cuz I don't have room for a portable crib in my bedroom but they're quiet expensive.

The swaddle me bassinet seems to have some nice features as well and is half price. I am concerned though that it gives a very flimsy look where baby sleeps- kind of like a swing- is that so? If yes, is it ok for baby's back etc?

Any input or other recommendations would be appreciated ,( I like these for the sleek neat look plus the option of the almost co-sleeping design)

Tia!

PS if anyone has one to sell or give away im totally interested!

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 11 2018, 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Pickle1

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 11:00 pm
I have a halo bassinett. I knew I was having a csection and since I had prev ones - I knew this would be a lifesaver for me - because the bassinett swivels and adjusts in height, I was able to swivel my baby right up to me in bed to either take out, or change etc. (sitting up and bending was so painful those first few wks) the great thing abt it is that the mesh siding lets you check on your baby while ur lying down, and that mesh side just needs to be pushed down and u can literally roll ur baby onto ur lap.
I got as a gift (was $200 amazon a yr and half ago). if u don't have the room for a portable crib - this is definitely smaller and if u have a small bedroom - u can swivel over ur bed to allow more walking around space. if u have a large bed ur baby can sleep right next to u with the bassinett on top of mattress. I'm still keeping mine for the future but if u live in lkwd I'm happy to lend it out.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 11:05 pm
Thank you Mim.
Do you remember till what age the baby slept in the bassinet?

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 11 2018, 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Pickle1

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 11:07 pm
its pretty small - my baby was regular (born 7'13) I used it for the first 2-3 months. at that point she got too noisy and spoiled at night so I moved her out into a portacrib in another room and only occasionally put her bassinett like if I was resting and she was due for feeding and didn't want to get up etc. for sure by 5 mnths she didn't fit in anymore. don't remember 4 mnths - maybe for short periods.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics