Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Developer Position

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 10:19 pm
I'm a senior backend software developer with over 10 years experience. I have a job offer for full-time hourly pay, work from home, without any benefits at all (as a consultant). I was wondering if anyone knew the salary range for something like this.

Thanks

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 10:41 pm
In addition to having to do with the details of your experience and skills, it also varies by region and type / size of company. Since you asked for a ballpark, we would pay consultants like this somewhat over $100/hour. Make sure to factor in thta you'll be paying more taxes and your own benefits, but if they'll guarantee you a lot hours you may not get as much as hourly as you do with the short term contracts. Hope all goes well!

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 10:49 pm
I am currently working for the company now as a salaried employee and I'm moving. They want to keep me on since I'm working for the company for 8 years so I'm a remote employee.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 2:09 am
Where are you based?

And out of interest because my husband works in this field, which languages will you be programming in?

(I have seen from job advertisements that some languages attract higher salaries than others.)

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Jun 24 2017, 10:45 pm
I am a senior LAMP developer. I am working for the company now in Israel (though they also have an American company and I'm moving to Monsey, NY
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics