Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Getting non-washable paint out of kids clothes

yogabird

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 9:00 pm
Any tips? Pretty please? It's puff-paint that came with a sun catcher kit if it makes a difference. I already soaked in oxy-clean and laundered normally (no dryer).

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 9:06 pm
Paint thinner is your best bet. But douse it in it right away because the longer the harder it gets to come out and the chances are way smaller. Generally non washable paint if it's water based will come out if doused in water or paint thinner or both and a lot of scrubbing.

Good luck

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 11:02 pm
Try some rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover. Rub it in very well to remove paint and wash.

I got stubborn, non-washable paint off of something. Took about 3 rounds of rubbing and washing.

Test it in a small area first.

gande

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 12:03 am
Just putting it out there- my son got a grease stain on his shirt from a bike chain. After washing and drying it I noticed it. I sprayed Tresemme curling mouse and with just light rubbing the whole stain dissolved. I would love to know if it is really magic or I had good luck so if anyone tries it can they leave feedback.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry