Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Zero zero zero energy
1  2  Next

Bitachon101

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 1:30 pm
Hi Im back for a few seconds (tiI the kids walk back in at least...)

I always assume tht my no energy is just a normal parent thing.
But I dont know if it really is normal. I have zero zero energy and fatigue coursing through every limb in my body.
Every parenting second is excruciatingly energy pulling and household management too. I want to be a good mother to my kids but the fatigue gives me nonstrength amd little patience.
Im beginning to think this isnt just normal motherhood fatigue.
I keep wondering how every mom does it out there. Im supposed to be cooking shabbos but im literally sitting on the floor cuz I have so little energy. Im just trying to gather up the energy to get up and cook.
It cant be that this isbwhat every mother feels like daily... right???

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 1:32 pm
Can I ask how many kids you have?

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 1:48 pm
I'm like this when it's above a certain temp. Unless I remain to the a/c in my room. Summer is very difficult between heat and kids out of school. Heart

Bitachon101

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 2:15 pm
amother wrote:
Can I ask how many kids you have?

3 kh. And they are at an age where they keep me on my toes running after them literally.
Which is why I always just call it mommy tiredness.
But it just doesnt seem right to me tht every person is managing daily like this. It cant be.
Its non functional.
I just told my husband a few hrs ago to take me to a hospital bed so instead of having to care for everyone I can just have people taking care of me and lay and sleep.
I try coffee which helps clear the initial fog in the morn but gives me no energy.
Davening gives me a little energy but I still feel fatigue coursing thru my body.
Im not preg.
Im not even nursing anymore (baby 1.5)
I should be feeling a lot more back to my normal self. But for montha and months Im shlepping around. Every move takes so much energy.

Bitachon101

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 2:20 pm
Ruchel wrote:
I'm like this when it's above a certain temp. Unless I remain to the a/c in my room. Summer is very difficult between heat and kids out of school. Heart

Heat makes it much worse. But even when its not hot its pretty bad.

Im curious if other mothers feel this way all the time. I always assumed they did cuz moms are often tired.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 2:22 pm
Wow are you working?
I also sometimes feel like I am catching my tail, I have 3 kids kah_- 6mnths, 3 1/2 and 6
I sometimes manage but honestly sometimes I fall apart.
I work full time Also.

The 2 main thing that really help me,
I make dinner maybe twice a week, it's my priority I rather clean house then food - the rest of week is hotdog in a bun, cheerios,
And when house is finally quiet at 730, I sometimes go to sleep myself!

asmileaday

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 2:34 pm
Please have yourself checked out by your primary doctor. Full physical, full bloodwork.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 2:37 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Please have yourself checked out by your primary doctor. Full physical, full bloodwork.

This as a first.
And asap.

DVOM

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 2:44 pm
I totally totally totally get you! I've used the hospital bed line myself at times! Sure, get yourself checked out, but yeh, this sounds very familiar! I have four, 8 6 4 and 2. It's madness sometimes!

What helps me a lot is no sugar and no flour. When I eat something that has sugar or flour by mistake I can totally tell-- it exhausts me. Try going with high protein, veg and fruit diet. Its make a big difference for me.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 3:06 pm
Bitachon101 wrote:
Hi Im back for a few seconds (tiI the kids walk back in at least...)

I always assume tht my no energy is just a normal parent thing.
But I dont know if it really is normal. I have zero zero energy and fatigue coursing through every limb in my body.
Every parenting second is excruciatingly energy pulling and household management too. I want to be a good mother to my kids but the fatigue gives me nonstrength amd little patience.
Im beginning to think this isnt just normal motherhood fatigue.
I keep wondering how every mom does it out there. Im supposed to be cooking shabbos but im literally sitting on the floor cuz I have so little energy. Im just trying to gather up the energy to get up and cook.
It cant be that this isbwhat every mother feels like daily... right???

I used to be like this for a few months every year. It turned out it was allergies.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 3:11 pm
I'm like this. Turned out to be ppd. Bh finally getting treated now. I also have 3 kids with the youngest 1.5.

HeartyAppetite

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 3:32 pm
get your thyroid checked.

tigerwife

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 3:51 pm
OP, totally with you. I'm laying in bed on a Friday afternoon and I can't move. Coffee doesn't help.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 3:56 pm
tigerwife wrote:
OP, totally with you. I'm laying in bed on a Friday afternoon and I can't move. Coffee doesn't help.

And here I was afraid of you thinking you were as feircefull as a tiger. LOL

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 3:58 pm
Are you sure you're not pregnant? I'm in early pregnancy right now and I can't make it through a shower without needing to sit down.

It sounds like more fatigue than is normal even for a busy mom. Definitely go get yourself checked out by a doctor. You may be anemic or have a thyroid issue or something. Are you taking a multivitamin?

Coffee Addict

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 4:12 pm
asmileaday wrote:

I second this. Take full bloodwork, very important! Also do you ever nap during the day? This is my lifesaver when I'm stressed out.

tigerwife

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 4:14 pm
amother wrote:
And here I was afraid of you thinking you were as feircefull as a tiger. LOL

Oh, when I am overtired I am quite the beast Smile 🐯

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 7:25 pm
I am like this exactly every day since I am a parent ( I also have 3) but I definitely know a lot of people who are not...following this thread

amazingmommy

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 7:45 pm
Op, I second doing blood work.
A good diet can help along with getting sufficient sleep...
Some good supplements, and self care.
I felt the way you described in early pregnancy, and getting more sleep, and taking good vitamins really helped.

gp2.0

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 7:46 pm
Are you getting enough sleep? 7-9 hours a night? Sometimes the most obvious answer is the right one. I would def get checked out by a doctor though if I were you.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics