Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Zero zero zero energy
Previous  1  2

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 7:58 pm
Op I used to be you. Until I decided I can't go on with life this way. I used to eat tons of junk food. Recently I decided to completely change my diet. I cut out dairy, eating tons of fruits and veggies, and lots of protein. I'm feeling a huge difference. I also took blood work and I'm extremely low in vitamin d so I'm taking a supplement. I feel bad for my old self. Please get help you shouldn't be feeling like that!
(Anonymous bec everyone and his brother knows about my huge lifestyle change)

rachel6543

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 9:50 pm
I agree with all of the other advice here. Please see your doctor and get a full physical and blood work. What you're experiencing may not be normal. It's important to rule out any health issues that may be causing this. also, one of the other Imamothers mentioned PPD a possible cause, it's a good idea to get Evaluated for that too. Depression can definitely cause you to have no energy and feel tired.

Also, what type of foods are you eating? I found that changing my diet a few years ago really helped and I definitely have more energy and feel better when I eat more protein, fruits, veggies.. etc. also, at least for me, I find it helps to make sure to eat foods at the right time. I personally do better having smaller meals/snacks during the day.

Also, are you getting sleep and rest? I know that is hard with kids, but my energy level is way better when I get sleep. There are often nights when I go to bed at 7 - 8pm when my kid's are going to sleep.

Also, are you getting actual excerise? I know I feel better and have more energy when I exercise more regularly, even if it's going on a short walk.

capable

Post Sat, Jun 24 2017, 2:28 pm
I went through a couple of stages like this. I started taking iron supplements and the change was unbelievable.

If I would forget to take my iron for a couple of days I could feel the fatigue creeping in again.

It may not be iron but it's extremely likely you're deficient in some nutrient.

cheeseaddict

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 11:41 am
diet and lifestyle changes are important, but for a quasi-quick fix;

1. take b-12 and vit D daily (rhodiola also helps if you have a health food store near you)

2. do at least 6 minutes HIIT exercise in the morning (can be any type of aerobic exercise):

2min warmup

then:
30sec-1min as fast/hard as you can (high intensity)
30sec-1min resting/recovery
repeat four times.

you can lessen the high-intensity times in the beginning, or lengthen the recovery time if you need for the first few times.

it's amazing how much energy have on days I spend the 6 minutes(!!!) doing this.
and once you have a bit of energy, you can focus on making the bigger changes...

Super Mom

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 2:43 pm
You poor thing!
First, no! It's not the norm.
It could be a few things. Stress can manifest itself physically because your body understands you cannot afford to mentally fall apart right now. Daily walks without the kids, yoga, meditation, exercise, good amount of sleep, therapist, a hobby etc.
Who is looking after you? Do you skip breakfast? Is it caffeine or sugar overdose? Try a multivitamin and go out in the sun every day. Drink lots of plain water, forget other kinds of beverages.

GiGichai

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 3:11 pm
Check ur thyroid bloodwork asap, also for celiac disease

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 3:27 pm
I had this from very low iron. I also had a bunch of kids, but that alone should not make you so tired. Now, BH, when I am in the beginning of a pregnancy I tell myself, BH this is just three months. I used to feel like this all the time...
Please get yourself a complete blood workup. So many issues can be causing this fatigue.

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 5:55 pm
I was very low in vitamin D, which made me weak and feel ill often. I had seasonal allergies and sinus often. Once I started taking vit D daily, I got my strength back, and don't suffer sinus and allergies often anymore.

Bitachon101

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 11:28 pm
Just went for bloodwork....
Praying its nothing untreatable and that I can get some closure.

Bitachon101

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 12:48 am
Bitachon101 wrote:
Just went for bloodwork....
Praying its nothing untreatable and that I can get some closure.

Blood work showed nothing except the typical low on vitamin d (which I always am and certainly can attribute to my fatigue).
Started up on some vitamin d pills again.

Not sure where to go from here.
Having these crazy spells on and off where all energy leaves me still. Sad
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics