Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Telephones in the bathroom
1  2  Next

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 3:39 pm
If you or anyone in the family takes a telephone into the bathroom do you disinfect it when you come out?

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 4:18 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
If you or anyone in the family takes a telephone into the bathroom do you disinfect it when you come out?

No.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 4:28 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

Nope.

Then again, we don't disinfect any books or magazines we might take in there, either. We don't even disinfect our shirts, hair or jewelry.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 4:31 pm
never heard of disinfecting a cellphone after bathroom use.

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 4:42 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Nope.

Then again, we don't disinfect any books or magazines we might take in there, either. We don't even disinfect our shirts, hair or jewelry.

but do you touch those things between the time you 'wipe' and 'wash'?

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 4:49 pm
amother wrote:
but do you touch those things between the time you 'wipe' and 'wash'?

Who touches their phone between the time they clean themselves, and the time they wash?

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 4:54 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Who touches their phone between the time they clean themselves, and the time they wash?

dunno...but I think that's where the issue lies.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 4:57 pm
amother wrote:
dunno...but I think that's where the issue lies.

Well, then shouldn't the bigger concern by purses? Women take their purses into public restrooms, hang them behind the door, then need to pick them up to take them to the sinks to wash.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 4:57 pm
No. I do not disinfect my phone. My phone does not go in the toilet.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 5:19 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
No. I do not disinfect my phone. My phone does not go in the toilet.

I don't think the issue was the phone going inside the toilet. I think the issue is that you are handling the phone with potentially very dirty hands. FTR, I often bring my phone in the bathroom.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 5:46 pm
Let me see if I get this: you bring a phone into the throne room . Presumably you use it on the throne, else why bring it in. Now you're about to do the paperwork ...where do you put the phone? Do you always have a convenient pocket to slip it into? Do you all have a counter right next to the toilet where your phone can go? My toilet is crammed between the wall and the tub ,nowhere near the sink. I don't know about you but I'm not about to put the phone in the tub OR on the floor. And for the record I dont bring paper reading material in there either. I'm big on reading at the breakfast table.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 5:59 pm
amother wrote:
Let me see if I get this: you bring a phone into the throne room . Presumably you use it on the throne, else why bring it in. Now you're about to do the paperwork ...where do you put the phone? Do you always have a convenient pocket to slip it into? Do you all have a counter right next to the toilet where your phone can go? My toilet is crammed between the wall and the tub ,nowhere near the sink. I don't know about you but I'm not about to put the phone in the tub OR on the floor. And for the record I dont bring paper reading material in there either. I'm big on reading at the breakfast table.

TMI, but (1) yes, we have vanities in all of our bathrooms, next to the commode; (2) otherwise, I would hold the phone with my chin against my chest, wedged under one arm and close to my body, jam it into the toilet tissue holder or the tissue box I keep on top of the tank, or at worst, slip it inside my shirt.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 6:23 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
TMI, but (1) yes, we have vanities in all of our bathrooms, next to the commode; (2) otherwise, I would hold the phone with my chin against my chest, wedged under one arm and close to my body, jam it into the toilet tissue holder or the tissue box I keep on top of the tank, or at worst, slip it inside my shirt.

Seems like a lot of trouble to go to just for the dubious pleasure of reading while you eliminate.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 6:34 pm
I wipe down my phone before I get into bed (and when I get home from work). Trust me your phone is picking up lots of germs in each room of your house...

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Jun 24 2017, 4:34 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

the rare times when our phone is taken into the bathroom, or s/one answered a phone call before washing their hands after using the bathroom, yes, I wipe the phone with a disinfectant wipes.
Remember, that phone then gets used when handling food, or placed on the kitchen table or counter ...
in general it disgusts me to take a phone into the bathroom.
it's the same to me as if s/one uses the bathroom and doesn't was their hands afterwards and goes about their work ... UGH!

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 12:36 am
yes and anytime I come home. It's also disgusting when people take their phone or books or anything else into a public bathroom and then come out holding it before washing their hands. There's no point in washing their hands because as soon as you touch the phone your hands are dirty again.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 10:54 am
thank you for posting this query

I cannot for the life of me comprehend how a person cannot live without a phone for the duration of a bathroom visit

that's why one should wash their hands constantly - because other people don't realize they spread their germs everywhere with unsanitary conditions ...

from toilets, doorknobs, phones, etc. to faces, food & eventually our mouths

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 2:01 pm
In the olden daze, before cell phones, people were often diligent when it came to wiping down the handset to their phones. I know at work, when I didn't have a private office, I'd wipe down the handset every time I came back to my desk. Because I read more and more about people using cellphones in the loo I thought this was an apropos question.

On the record, I don't take anything into the bathroom at home, no books, no phone, no fidget spinner. In public I rarely carry a purse, I usually have a beaded pouch around my neck that has my DL, a CC and a bankcard and a few folded tissues. It must be large enough to fit my stupid phone. When I enter a public restroom I put it inside my top.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 3:14 pm
I'm reading this whole convo while in the bathroom embarrassed

Miri7

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 3:22 pm
I wipe my phone down with a Clorox wipe every day or two. I think I they collect germs like doorknobs. I'm also really mindfull about washing my hands after touching the phone when cooking.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics