Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lancaster activities later in the day?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 8:07 pm
We are going to Lancaster and the first day we probably won't get there until around 3-4:00. It seems like most places aren't really open in the evening. Anything to do there late afternoon evening? Not interested in Hershey or Dutch wonderland.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 7:27 am
Bump

alwayscooking

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 7:34 am
Maybe stay in the Doubletree in Lancaster that has a water park in the hotel then u can do that.

octopus

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 7:52 am
maybe you can relax at east lampeter park. It's a beautiful park with a big hill the kids can run up and down and a gigantic slide. I can't remember if there was more playground equipment.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 7:53 am
amother wrote:
We are going to Lancaster and the first day we probably won't get there until around 3-4:00. It seems like most places aren't really open in the evening. Anything to do there late afternoon evening? Not interested in Hershey or Dutch wonderland.

Strasburg Railroad has its last trip at 7.

doctorima

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 7:57 am
You could probably reserve an Amish buggy ride for that time. Check out Abe's or one of the other companies. Also see if the train runs at that time.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 3:54 pm
Thanks!

momX4

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 7:08 pm
We went swimming at the hotel and had a bbq pool side. Kids were tired after long drive.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 9:21 am
IIRC there is a place called adventure sports or something like that. there was a mini golf and some bumper boats and the cars on a track. it might be nice to do later in the day when not so hot. we've also gone to a county park (can't remember the name but ur hotel may be able to help) and we had a picnic and played on the playground and with some balls we brought.

I don't know the times but places like the choo choo barn (I've never been) don't take too long so maybe u can go at that time.

I know u said no Hershey park, but not sure if u know the Hershey chocolate world tour is free (need to pay parking) and is something u can do that evening. if you're going to the park itself, u might not want to divert ur time from the rides so you can go on just the tour right when u come. We've found its a good beginning or end of the trip thing to do since it wraps up the day so nicely.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 1:23 pm
Thanks! Don't want Hershey as we are going to Hershey park overnight later in the summer so will do it then.

I will look into adventure sport. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics