Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Wwyd?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 8:27 pm
Not sure what to do here. I have a business acquaintance who I've never actually met, I speak to her by phone about once a year. She lives a few hours away from me.

She's mentioned in the past this one person she knows who lives in the same city as me. The last time I spoke to her, a few months ago, she was upset because this person was sick. This person was now niftar.

I don't think my acquaintance would have any way to find out about it. They worked together many years ago, they aren't from the same community, don't share any other friends etc.

Although they were friends, I don't think they were close enough that the family would think to call her. But I do think she would want to come be menachem avel.

My question is, do I call her and tell her? I would feel really strange calling her, like I said, she's really just a business acquaintance who I speak to very infrequently. But I'm feeling very guilty when I think that if I don't call her she will probably miss her chance to be menachem avel.

penguin

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 8:29 pm
Of course you should call if you think she'd want to know. Or you might send an email saying you have unfortunate news to share, thereby breaking it gently.

shyshira

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 8:32 pm
Yes, you call her. Do you help figuring out what to say?

zaq

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 8:34 pm
I assume you have her email? Send a message "regret to inform you Mrs. Vera Neiss passed away this past Tuesday. Shiva will be at her home, 1313 Mockingbird Lane in Muncie, until TuesdayJuly 4. BDE."

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 8:34 pm
I know you are both right, I just feel strange calling an almost stranger with such information. I honestly can't even remember her name right now. I will have to look it up at work tomorrow.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 8:36 pm
zaq wrote:
I assume you have her email? Send a message "regret to inform you Mrs. Vera Neiss passed away this past Tuesday. Shiva will be at her home, 1313 Mockingbird Lane in Muncie, until TuesdayJuly 4. BDE."

No, I don't have her email, and I wouldn't feel right emailing such information anyhow. I'll just have to push myself to make the call tomorrow.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics