Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What extra honest thing will you do today?

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 4:51 am
I'll start.

I won't tell my kids I'll be there in 5 minutes and then only come in 6 or 7.

I will double check done paperwork to make sure there are no errors.

Ummm - maybe I'll think of more when I'm a bit more awake.

Anyone else?

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 5:17 am
My son put a dollar in the vending machine. He got his snack plus a dollar change. I told him to give it back to the desk because a kiddush Hashem is worth much more than a dollar. He did and then I gave him another dollar so he wouldn't feel he lost out.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 5:30 am
Bli neder....

Not check imamother during work hours.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 5:31 am
This is a lovely thread.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 6:02 am
I will try to tell my husband the truth about how hard it has been for me with this baby instead of getting mad at him for not understanding me

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 6:03 am
amother wrote:
Bli neder....

Not check imamother during work hours.

Good one for all of us!

Kol hakavod to the vending machine lady.

Glad someone liked the thread.

Keep 'em coming!

Aylat

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 6:12 am
Awesome thread.

I like the one about telling your kids 5 mins and actually coming in 5 mins. Definitely guilt of that.

behappy2

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 7:39 am
Aylat wrote:
Awesome thread.

I like the one about telling your kids 5 mins and actually coming in 5 mins. Definitely guilt of that.

How about "I'm gonna come when I am ready" or "I will come in a few minutes" that saves the pressure of coming in exactly five minutes.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 7:43 am
my 3 yo daughter mistakenly brought home 2 pairs of cheap sunglasses from camp. when we realized she said so one is for you mommy. I said no we can't take thInga that aren't ours and today she will bring the 2nd pair back bln

zaq

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 7:58 am
I will tell you the truth when you ask me what I think of your children, sheitel, new dress, house, "poetry" and singing voice.

On second thought, no, I won't.

zaq

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 8:01 am
Aylat wrote:
Awesome thread.

That's hardly a lie. Poor time management was not a sin last time I checked. But I do agree that a nonspecific answer such as "I'll be there as soon as I can" or "as soon as I finish washing the dishes" is a better response. Not because it's more honest, but because children are very literal-minded.

Unless, of course, you ladies say " 5 minutes " and really mean "whenever I ultimately get around to it after your noodging has reached crisis levels", in which case, yes, you really do need to change your operating system.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 8:21 am
I'm amother from above. Back to report that my work day is over and I succeeded. Thanks for the inspiration.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 8:38 am
I will be more honest with myself regarding my motivation to do something.

Am I doing it because I care about you, or because I want to be that kind of gal in my eyes?

Am I doing it because I love you, or because I really would like something in return?

I think pondering the underlying motivation once a day will really help me learn to be more honest with myself.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 9:53 am
zaq wrote:
That's hardly a lie. Poor time management was not a sin last time I checked. But I do agree that a nonspecific answer such as "I'll be there as soon as I can" or "as soon as I finish washing the dishes" is a better response. Not because it's more honest, but because children are very literal-minded.

Unless, of course, you ladies say " 5 minutes " and really mean "whenever I ultimately get around to it after your noodging has reached crisis levels", in which case, yes, you really do need to change your operating system.

Ha, my ds would say, Moommmy [whining voice], not SOON!!!

amother
Red

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 10:00 am
I apologized to dh and ds for getting angry with them and being negative and going out of control as yelling when I should have been calm and said things nicely. I actually said im sorry to ds and asked him to forgive me. and I did that with dh. I am so mightly embarrassed that I was not nice. I was in a cranky mood g-d knows why.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics