Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Whole wheat, no marg kokosh dough recipe?

BatZion

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 11:34 am
Hey

I'm looking for a parve, no marg, whole wheat kokosh dough recipe. Anyone?

Thanks!

be good

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 5:55 pm
me too. Smile

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 6:02 pm
If you've played around before with switching regular flour to whole wheat in baked goods, then give this recipe a try.
https://www.levanacooks.com/re.....abka/

agreer

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 8:08 pm
What is the point of that?! It's still going to be fattening and not the healthiest thing in the world! Why ruin a good thing?

oliveoil

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 9:17 pm
agreer wrote:
What is the point of that?! It's still going to be fattening and not the healthiest thing in the world! Why ruin a good thing?

I agree.

Just make the rest of the meal healthy, and then have a legit slice of kokosh for dessert. The only thing you'll achieve by trying to sub is a mediocre taste and still just as bad for you.

[my pet peeve is when people douse their chicken in duck sauce and their salads in sugary dressings and then want to make whole wheat desserts.]

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 5:29 am
I think most of us, even those of us who use marg., appreciate wanting to avoid it. Finding oil-based kokosh recipes is pretty easy. The question is the flour. I do appreciate wanting to minimize the white flour. I should mention that substituting white whole wheat flour 100% is not likely to work, and I wouldn't experiment with whole wheat, I'd want a tnt recipe.

And yeah, I don't know what you'll find. Though I do have what I think is a pretty decent 100% ww, honey challah. (I say 100% but there is a tsp. of sugar for proofing the yeast.)

BTW, why not honey instead of sugar?

This reminds me of an old Doonesbury cartoon of a White House chef working for Clinton, preparing Raspberries a la Razorback. You see this healthyish recipe for raspberry sauce then, final panel: garnish with a dozen doughnuts.

BatZion

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 11:23 am
agreer wrote:

I bake only with whole wheat, substitute date honey for sugar and would never let marg into our home. And we like it that way Smile

This is not to say that I won't, once in a blue moon enjoy borekas or other junk outside of the home (I grew up with marg, sugar, white flour and sometimes I just want it) but 95% of the time we really do try to look after ourselves...

I enjoy playing around until I find recipes that are really good and healthier...we feel better for it.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 11:39 am
BatZion wrote:
I bake only with whole wheat, substitute date honey for sugar and would never let marg into our home. And we like it that way Smile

This is not to say that I won't, once in a blue moon enjoy borekas or other junk outside of the home (I grew up with marg, sugar, white flour and sometimes I just want it) but 95% of the time we really do try to look after ourselves...

I enjoy playing around until I find recipes that are really good and healthier...we feel better for it.

So do you have any recipes? Not swap x for y, but something tried and true and detailed? Thanks!

ludicrous

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 12:42 pm
the kuchen cake in by cookbook is good
use the dough with whole wheat flour
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins