Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sheital

anony

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 3:14 pm
My hair is a unique color (a dark/dirty blonde for lack of better description). My hair was lighter with more highlights before I got married, but since my hair never sees the sun, it has gotten darker over time. However, I still picture myself as having the lighter color with highlights. This has proven very difficult when trying to find the right color sheital. My husband is used to seeing my natural hair color because it's what he knows me as and sees me in at home, but I can't bring myself to get a sheital that's so dark. Does anyone have experience with this and/or advice? I hate covering my hair :/.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 3:28 pm
This sounds like a good friend who had trouble finding sheitlach. She was told not to dye a sheitel because her dirty blond hair was cold, not warm, so might end up grayish. Her color was available, but not easy to find. Her parents bought her one sheitel in her ideal color, and over the years she decided to go conventional brunette until she could more easily find and afford her color. Hatzlacha!

tichellady

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 4:22 pm
I have the same issue. I only wear a wig a few times a year so didn't want to invest lots of money in a custom one, which is what I needed for my hair color. I got one that's lighter than my hair, because that's the color I feel good in. The color still matches my eyebrows enough that it doesn't look too light. Or you can go darker and get some highlights put in, it might be more natural, but will probably cost more $.

tichellady

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 4:25 pm
One more thing, if your husband is like mine, he won't like your sheitel at first and will say it looks weird and Not like you and then he will get used to it with time and like it

allcuteonesrtak

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 12:57 pm
anony wrote:
My hair is a unique color (a dark/dirty blonde for lack of better description). My hair was lighter with more highlights before I got married, but since my hair never sees the sun, it has gotten darker over time. However, I still picture myself as having the lighter color with highlights. This has proven very difficult when trying to find the right color sheital. My husband is used to seeing my natural hair color because it's what he knows me as and sees me in at home, but I can't bring myself to get a sheital that's so dark. Does anyone have experience with this and/or advice? I hate covering my hair :/.

Get a wig with your natural color and some highlights like u used to have.

I know it's hard. What's your budget?

Regarding ur husband.. maybe add some highlights to your hair and then it'll be how he sees u at home too Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels