Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Real HCG diet
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 9:59 am
I'm going to start next week.
Loading days Sunday Monday.
Any helpful tips really appreciated.

Did you load "clean"
How much water did you drink
Did you eat miracle noodles, and how did it affect your Weightloss
How fast did your load days weight come off

Need to lose 32lbs.
Hopefully 1 round is enough, if not I'm planning a second round after succot.
Not looking for advise on whether it's a good idea or not.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 2:13 pm
BUMP

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 5:59 pm
Anyone do HCG diet
How successful were you
Did you keep the weight off

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 6:13 pm
I followed the original protocol to the letter, using pharaceutical grade injections from my doctor. I lost 60 pounds in 90 days, and I've kept it off for 8 years now.

Once you go through all 3 rounds, you'll notice that you've lost all cravings for starches, and sweet things will taste REALLY sweet to you. A small bit of cake seems like a nasty, sticky sugar bomb, and you'll instantly regret it. A few small squares of dark chocolate are all it will take to make you happy.

You'll find yourself craving healthy alternatives, and you'll have the energy to want to go out and do more with your life. Just keep in mind that for every "cheat", you are setting yourself back for anywhere between 3 days and a week.

Not going to lie, this is not a "diet". It's a medical protocol, and it takes hard work and dedication. The first 3 weeks are the hardest, as your body learns to adjust. It gets much easier after that. Then your biggest challenge is meal planning, weighing portions, etc.

When I went out to eat at friends' houses, I brought my own food with me. I told them that I came there to socialize, and that their company was more important to me than the food. Usually people said that my food looked so good that they were jealous!

Don't even think about doing this protocol without a good natural minded doctor, and you have to be absolutely dedicated. With a digital scale, once you start seeing those pounds melt off, you'll be really motivated to stick with it!

My best tip, is to buy the tenderest, highest quality steaks you can find. Cut and weigh them into 100gram portions. Sear them well on the outside, leaving them a bit rare on the inside. You can slice them thin and serve them on a bed of spinach leaves and strawberries, with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar for dressing. Yummy!

When the food starts to seem boring, remember that you can use all the spices you like. Drinking at least a liter of iced green tea every day will keep your metabolism boosted, too.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 6:51 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I followed the original protocol to the letter, using pharaceutical grade injections from my doctor. I lost 60 pounds in 90 days, and I've kept it off for 8 years now.

Once you go through all 3 rounds, you'll notice that you've lost all cravings for starches, and sweet things will taste REALLY sweet to you. A small bit of cake seems like a nasty, sticky sugar bomb, and you'll instantly regret it. A few small squares of dark chocolate are all it will take to make you happy.

You'll find yourself craving healthy alternatives, and you'll have the energy to want to go out and do more with your life. Just keep in mind that for every "cheat", you are setting yourself back for anywhere between 3 days and a week.

Not going to lie, this is not a "diet". It's a medical protocol, and it takes hard work and dedication. The first 3 weeks are the hardest, as your body learns to adjust. It gets much easier after that. Then your biggest challenge is meal planning, weighing portions, etc.

When I went out to eat at friends' houses, I brought my own food with me. I told them that I came there to socialize, and that their company was more important to me than the food. Usually people said that my food looked so good that they were jealous!

Don't even think about doing this protocol without a good natural minded doctor, and you have to be absolutely dedicated. With a digital scale, once you start seeing those pounds melt off, you'll be really motivated to stick with it!

My best tip, is to buy the tenderest, highest quality steaks you can find. Cut and weigh them into 100gram portions. Sear them well on the outside, leaving them a bit rare on the inside. You can slice them thin and serve them on a bed of spinach leaves and strawberries, with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar for dressing. Yummy!

When the food starts to seem boring, remember that you can use all the spices you like. Drinking at least a liter of iced green tea every day will keep your metabolism boosted, too.

Thanks FF
What about load days
How long did it take you to lose the weight gained on load days.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 6:58 pm
Oh my gosh. I had no idea what this diet was, so I googled it.

Injecting yourself with hormones to lose weight?

Obviously you are an adult and fully capable of making your own decisions in regards to your health, but I find it shocking that humans are willing to play around with the very carefully created hormones levels in their bodies to go on a diet.

I pray this will have no harmful consequences for you in the future.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 7:00 pm
I lost close to 50lbs over 2 rounds, the only reason I didn't keep off the weight was I got pregnant before I had a chance to stabilize after my 2nd round. My husband did it with me the first time, and I don't think he loaded well and he complained about being STARVING a lot of the time. He lost 40 lbs, I think he's kept it off, but since being pregnant, we haven't been quite as careful and though he kept it off for at least 6 months he'll admit that he's "Scared to look at the scale"--though overall he's changed many of his eating habits for the better. He went down a full pant size and I havent' heard him complaining that he's out of pants yet. Loading came off within the first week. Definitely worth loading well. And it was really amusing that I was feeling very week early on and my husband was "STARVING" so I made the "salt cocktail" and he spit it out, but I drank it--and his, and then I felt MUCH better. Like it says, if your body needs it, it will taste good. I have a friend doing now and she's between her 2nd and 3rd rounds--she had a LOT to lose, and she used be size 3x and now she's back to size 18s. I loved the diet b/c I loved NOT feeling hungry once I got to ketosis. I loved not having so many cravings. I intend to do it again once I'm done nursing.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 7:11 pm
To those that did this diet
How do you handle Shabbat
Do you wash for Hamotzi
Did you use matzah
For us Matza is mezonot
What other alternatives can I use

cbg

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 5:13 am
BUMP

imasoftov

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 5:25 am
amother wrote:
Do you wash for Hamotzi

zaq (in another thread) wrote:
I don't know why people talk about "washing" when what they mean is "eating bread".

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 5:41 am
On Shabbos I found out the very minimum amount of bread I was allowed to eat. Ask your rabbi. It didn't have any impact on the diet, and it was nice to be able to wash and bentch with the meal.

For a special Shabbos dessert, I bought the freshest, most delicious fruit I could find, often a new fruit that just came into season. I didn't feel deprived at all when the cake and ice cream was passed around. Like I said before, when I brought my food to other people's house, they often looked longingly at my plate.

I wouldn't have ever done this protocol (I refuse to call it a "diet"), but my sister came to visit and I hadn't seen her for a few years. She's lost 80 pounds, and looked AMAZING. Her skin glowed, her eyes sparkled, and she was SO happy!

(Sadly, later on she found out that her husband was cheating on her, she started stress eating, and gained all the weight back. She said that she would do the protocol again in a heartbeat, after she dealt with her marriage issues and depression.)

For me, regarding keeping the weight off, I found that the protocol lowered my "set point", and really altered what types of food I crave, and when I feel full. Sugary things still taste "too much" for me, and I rarely have carbs in the house, because I just don't think about them. The times that I've had bread around, it's gone moldy before I was halfway through with it. There's no willpower involved, I just don't want the stuff anymore.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 5:44 am
I want to add why I chose this protocol in the first place:

I'm on medication that makes me tend to gain weight
I have Chronic Fatigue, and I'm often too tired to exercise
I have arthritis
I have the metabolism of a slug on Valium

My body has defied every other system I could think of to be healthy, to be less toxic, and to take the weight off of my aching joints.

This was not a vanity decision for me, but purely for my health, working with the limitations I have.

If you need to lose 10 pounds to get into a dress, this is NOT the system for you.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 9:22 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I want to add why I chose this protocol in the first place:

I'm on medication that makes me tend to gain weight
I have Chronic Fatigue, and I'm often too tired to exercise
I have arthritis
I have the metabolism of a slug on Valium

My body has defied every other system I could think of to be healthy, to be less toxic, and to take the weight off of my aching joints.

This was not a vanity decision for me, but purely for my health, working with the limitations I have.

If you need to lose 10 pounds to get into a dress, this is NOT the system for you.
g

This sounds similar to me
Minus the medication
I've lost and gained the same 50 lbs.
From my last diet I'm up 30 lbs.
I want to get a handle on this before it gets to 50.
And I don't eat unhealthy most of the time.
Usually lots of salad, protein, healthy fats, very occasionally pizza or cake/cookies/icecream, maybe once a month, probably less.
It's just that I always want more food.
I need something to curb my appetite.
I just eat too many calories, for what my body burns, like what you said metabolism of a slug.But I would have to eat less than 1000 cal.to maintain my weight. Unless I exercise, which is very hard for me with my joint pain and stiffness.
As you said a medical protocol to reset my metabolism.
It sounds too good to be true, though.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jul 01 2017, 1:26 pm
amother wrote:

It sounds too good to be true, though.

It's not easy at the beginning. You'll wonder what on earth you've gotten yourself into, because you'll go through a nasty detox phase where all that sugar, carbs, and dairy gets flushed out of your system. Then at around 3 weeks, you'll start to feel amazing, and get really excited about the steady weight loss. That is your incentive to keep it up.

Like I said before, I would never have imagined ever doing anything like this, if I hadn't seen my sister with my own eyes. We both got my mom's genes and tendency to gain weight, so I figured if it worked for her, it would work for me. If a stranger did the protocol, I probably would have said to myself "I could never do that."

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 7:39 am
Starting loading days today

Did using Apple Cider Vinegar help reach the goal faster

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 1:17 pm
HI Floralwhite, I also started the loading phase today! I wish you well!

I am using injections, and following the advice of a naturally-oriented MD. What kind of HCG are you doing? I have about 50 lbs to lose, I also ate pretty healthy prior to this, low carb, but hardly lost weight. I am really hoping that I don't starve on day 1 or 2 of the vlcd.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 1:46 pm
Is it possible to do this protocol without injections? I'm squeamish in that way :-(

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 2:06 pm
amother wrote:
Is it possible to do this protocol without injections? I'm squeamish in that way :-(

The needles are as thin as a hair, you don't even feel them. I actually have to watch closely to make sure they go in, because you don't feel them at all!

Even better, you have to pinch a roll of fat and inject them into a fat layer. There is something really satisfying about "shooting your fat", and each week finding it harder and harder to pinch a good roll, because that fat is melting away. When you have to really look to find a good place to do an injection, you know you've made serious progress.

Your basic immunization or blood test hurts 1,000x more than a tiny injection of HCG, and the medicine doesn't burn at all. 99 times out of 100, I don't even get a half a drop of blood. I find putting in contact lenses to be FAR more stressful.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 5:11 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
It's not easy at the beginning. You'll wonder what on earth you've gotten yourself into, because you'll go through a nasty detox phase where all that sugar, carbs, and dairy gets flushed out of your system. Then at around 3 weeks, you'll start to feel amazing, and get really excited about the steady weight loss. That is your incentive to keep it up.

Like I said before, I would never have imagined ever doing anything like this, if I hadn't seen my sister with my own eyes. We both got my mom's genes and tendency to gain weight, so I figured if it worked for her, it would work for me. If a stranger did the protocol, I probably would have said to myself "I could never do that."

I was like this too, I generally eat healthy. but just can't lose weight. I'm active, but don't have time to exercise, and when I do then I just eat more. I was frustrated and wanted more than ANYTHING to lose weight. I tried a "supplement" based system, but it was expensive and unsustainable and after I stopped the supplement, and was eating very precisely, hardly any junk food--I gained all the weight I had lost and added some. I wanted to get pregnant again SO badly, but the thought of getting pregnant while AT a pregnancy weight for me was scaring me.

I had some detoxing parts,I felt sluggish and fluish for about 2 weeks and had leg cramps, but overall I felt AMAZING. I even did a 2nd round b/c I just loved how I felt on phase 2. I did the spray, not shots.

Shabbos we used small challah rolls for hamotzi and Ezekiel bread (could have 1.5 slices for k'zayis) We would not eat the melba toast on Friday/Shabbos. We would make a vegetable that you could eat cooked and raw and then make a soup with the vegetable and then a side-dish with the vegetable. Ex. Onions, Cabbage, celery, were our staples for Friday night. Then Shabbos day was similar, but we would make a "cabbage stew" with miracle noodles for cholent and then cole slaw or grilled cabbage. Then have the fruit and more vegetable for shalosh seudos (it's b'dieved, but figured that getting healthy was also a mitzvah and its short term) and then 2nd protein & vegetable & fruit for melave malka.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 6:00 pm
OP here
Thanks everyone for all the advice
Really helpful

AMother azure
Can I have the recipe for the cabbage stew with miracle noodle.
Also did the miracle noodle make you stall

Can you over do it on loading days I'm so stuffed
I couldn't finish my favorite dinner of steak and fries.
I fear getting on the scale tomorrow.

AMother Peach
I'm also doing injections through my primary doctor, who started doing the HCG diet in his office.
Since insurance pays for his visits, and any tests he administers, I only have to pay for the HCG and the supplies, oh and a co-pay $30 a visit.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise