Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Real HCG diet
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 10:09 pm
amother wrote:
You really should read Dr. Simeons Pound and Inches:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....rOiPQ

THIS.
I used the original, scientifically researched protocol by Dr. Simeon. I didn't bother with anyone who thought that they had "improved" on it. This is the protocol my sister's doctor goes by.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 1:25 am
amother wrote:
All the articles that I've seen touting the "dangers of the diet" are ignoring the "camel" concept--that you are NOT JUST consuming 500 calories but burning thousands of calories from what's already IN your body. The HCG diet is not "random 500 calories"--you're not eating a donut and coffee, or just a nutrition bar or shake (its actually very anti-shakes). Its VERY SPECIFIC 500 calories, timed at specific intervals.

Honestly, this is all a load of B.S.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 6:05 am
Me thinks this protocol may be safer than the surgery I see people are having.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 8:54 am
OP here
Update after my first day of VLCD I've lost 2 lbs
I have 5lbs to lose my weight from load days and then I can say the real weight loss begins.

Belle

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 3:47 pm
Update: Loading day 2 - gained 1.2 lbs
VLCD 1 - lost 2.2 lbs - so I am down one lb.

Yesterday was not hard, but today is - headache, dizzy.
Does that go away soon?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 9:33 pm
How do I get the injections? Does a doctor prescribe it? I would like to get in on this diet...

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 9:41 pm
I still have a question about apples.
I bought Granny Smith apples at Costco.
They look normal size to me.
Weighed one, it weigh 230g
230g apple = 120 calories 31.76 total carbs
Is it ok?
Is it too much?
Should I be cutting them in half?

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 9:49 pm
amother wrote:
I still have a question about apples.
I bought Granny Smith apples at Costco.
They look normal size to me.
Weighed one, it weigh 230g
230g apple = 120 calories 31.76 total carbs

Is it ok?
Is it too much?
Should I be cutting them in half?

Dont count carbs or grams with your fruit. You are allowed 1 apple enjoy 1 whole big apple!

Ftr, even though im pregnant I was trying on outfits from my pre hcg days and the dresses from my last wedding are TOO BIG on me. The reason I did this diet is b/c I was "too big on top" and now im swimming in the dress that was custom made for me!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 10:13 pm
VLCD 2
I ate
Apple = 230g
tilapia = 100g
onion= 100g
chicken breast = 100g
tomato = 100g
Strawberries = 100 g

Water = 128oz

Wasn't hungry all day, except now (10 pm) I'm a drop hungry, but I'm going to go to sleep

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 7:48 am
Op Here
Today is day 3 VLCD
I lost 3.8 lbs.
This is amazing. I feel the fat melting away, I literally feel thinner.
Woke up with a bit of a headache, but truth be told I did cut back on my caffine yesterday, and only had 1 cup in the am.

The only thing I miss is my almond milk in the am.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 7:58 am
Belle wrote:
Yesterday was not hard, but today is - headache, dizzy.
Does that go away soon?

How soon you'll feel better depends on how badly you used to eat. If you ate a lot of sugar, starch, and dairy before you started the protocol, you'll feel bad for a week or two. You're detoxing your body and probably clearing up a systemic yeast infection (you can have one without getting any symptoms down there. You'll just feel tired and achy all the time.)

Once the junk clears your system, you'll feel a lot more energetic, and want to start going for long walks. Your mind will be sharper, and you'll be so glad you stuck it out!

BTW, I did 600 calories, and didn't bother timing when I ate. I just snacked when I wanted to, all day long.

In the evening, instead of reaching for food, I did a hobby that kept my hands busy. Taking up knitting or beadwork is great for staying away from the kitchen! Step away from the computer an hour before bedtime, and try to get to bed earlier. That will help with late night cravings, too.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 8:52 am
Sounds great! Keep it up! I did my HCG diet in the fall/winter, so there was a part that I felt fluish but no fever, so I don't know if it was viral or detox, but it did go away. I also had mild leg cramps.

I was definitely less aware of "not eating" when I was busy at work. If I had a slow day, it was harder b/c I tend to pace myself with snacks.

If I recall, its better to try to avoid snacking "all day" b/c when you are not eating/digesting your body goes back into ketosis and is burning more fat, also you are retraining your body to not need constant snacking.

minnie mouse

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 9:37 am
I've tried this diet in the past with real success. I would love to try it now after a baby. Any way to do it while nursing?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 10:52 am
Trying to figure out what to eat over Shabbat..
When planning out my Shabbat meals do I eat less fruit to compensate for the Hamotzi?
I'm planning on 1/2 a ww pita, since matza is mezonot for me

Also will it be ok to mix veggies during those meals.

This is what I'm planning
Dinner
1/2 ww pita
Tilapia 10 g
A romaine lettuce salad
Mustard stevia dressing or apple cider vinegar stevia dressing with other seasonings
Extra lean Steak- 90 g
Sautéed spinach
Miracle noodle rice sautéed with cinnamon, stevia and water to make like a syrup, as dessert (like rice pudding hopefully)

Lunch
1/2 ww pita
Tilapia 10 g
coleslaw salad
Mustard stevia dressing or apple cider vinegar stevia dressing with other seasonings
Extra lean meatballs 90g
Cabbage cooking in a paprika sauce
Miracle noodle rice pudding

Seuda Shelishit
1/2 ww pita
Lettuce salad with mustard dressing
Tilapia 100g

Melava Malka
Tea
Some Miracle noodle if it comes out good and I'm hungry

I tried looking for pre-checked raw spinach, but they didn't have any. I figured romaine and spinach are both leafy greens

Any advise really helpful

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 12:02 pm
minnie mouse wrote:
I've tried this diet in the past with real success. I would love to try it now after a baby. Any way to do it while nursing?

Please check with your doctor. My instincts tell me that you should wait until you are done nursing.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 1:13 pm
amother wrote:
Trying to figure out what to eat over Shabbat..
When planning out my Shabbat meals do I eat less fruit to compensate for the Hamotzi?
I'm planning on 1/2 a ww pita, since matza is mezonot for me

Also will it be ok to mix veggies during those meals.

This is what I'm planning
Dinner
1/2 ww pita
Tilapia 10 g
A romaine lettuce salad
Extra lean Steak- 90 g
Sautéed spinach
Miracle noodle rice sautéed with cinnamon, stevia and water to make like a syrup, as dessert (like rice pudding hopefully)

Lunch
1/2 ww pita
Tilapia 10 g
coleslaw salad
Extra lean meatballs 90g
Cabbage cooking in a paprika sauce
Miracle noodle rice pudding

Seuda Shelishit
1/2 ww pita
Lettuce salad with mustard dressing
Tilapia 100g

Melava Malka
Tea
Some Miracle noodle if it comes out good and I'm hungry

I tried looking for pre-checked raw spinach, but they didn't have any. I figured romaine and spinach are both leafy greens

Any advise really helpful

Technically you are not supposed to mix proteins and greens-spinach and lettuce are considered "different" vegetables. Some people have not noticed a stall by doing it, and some will have fish on Shabbos regardless, just be aware of the consequences. Its kind of weird, but let's say I would "cheat" on shabbos by eating some challah, I wouldn't notice it much, but if I would "cheat" during the week, I would stall for a few days. Could be a coincidence
(my 2nd round I was not as good and I knew I had less to lose) or as my husband said "Its the neshama yiseira absorbing the calories".

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 1:21 pm
amother wrote:
Technically you are not supposed to mix proteins and greens-spinach and lettuce are considered "different" vegetables. Some people have not noticed a stall by doing it, and some will have fish on Shabbos regardless, just be aware of the consequences. Its kind of weird, but let's say I would "cheat" on shabbos by eating some challah, I wouldn't notice it much, but if I would "cheat" during the week, I would stall for a few days. Could be a coincidence
(my 2nd round I was not as good and I knew I had less to lose) or as my husband said "Its the neshama yiseira absorbing the calories".

Do you recomend anything different.
Also, should I not eat fruit Friday and Shabbat to make up for the pita.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 7:42 pm
For those on p2 please post your Shabbat menu

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 7:27 am
Update down another 1.4 lbs.
That means I'm down 0.8 from my starting weight 😀
Hope I get the same results over Shabbat.m

The only thing I really miss is my morning almond milk in my coffee.
Otherwise not too bad, not hungry for the most part.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 9:23 am
amother wrote:
Do you recomend anything different.
Also, should I not eat fruit Friday and Shabbat to make up for the pita.

No, eat the fruit--enjoy it. I never had a real problem just for adding the pita, though I would skip the melba toast on Friday just to be sure.

I think there's no difference between different "breads" though we used Ezekiel bread--it was recommended, we are usually makpid on pas yisroel for Shabbos, but were makil while on the diet.

Just go through shabbos of the mindset "I don't want to gain" rather than "how much will I lose" and you'll be fine.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise