Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Real HCG diet
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 9:38 am
amother wrote:
How do I get the injections? Does a doctor prescribe it? I would like to get in on this diet...

Bump

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 10:06 am
My doctor prescribes it, and gave me the guidelines.
He also did a full checkup, before, and will do one after.
My weight fell in the obese range for BMI.
Also my cholesterol was a little high, and my blood sugar was quite low (can change to diabetes easily), BP high for me but not enough to go medication. He gave me a diagnoses of metabolic syndrome.
Gave me a prescription for 40 days of HCG and vitamin B complex injectable

I went to him because I saw an ad in his office, once, and was thinking about it since then.

All this my insurance covered, $35 co-pay

Then I went to CVS, and filled out the prescription
This my insurance did not cover, paid $180, with all the supplies.

I live in FL.

Doctor told me to come back after 40 days, but if I had a problem to call him.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 10:46 am
amother wrote:
My doctor prescribes it, and gave me the guidelines.
He also did a full checkup, before, and will do one after.
My weight fell in the obese range for BMI.
Also my cholesterol was a little high, and my blood sugar was quite low (can change to diabetes easily), BP high for me but not enough to go medication. He gave me a diagnoses of metabolic syndrome.
Gave me a prescription for 40 days of HCG and vitamin B complex injectable

I went to him because I saw an ad in his office, once, and was thinking about it since then.

All this my insurance covered, $35 co-pay

Then I went to CVS, and filled out the prescription
This my insurance did not cover, paid $180, with all the supplies.

I live in FL.

Doctor told me to come back after 40 days, but if I had a problem to call him.

Thank you. I live in Brooklyn, any New Yorkers on this chat that know of a dr that prescribes the injections?

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 1:05 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you. I live in Brooklyn, any New Yorkers on this chat that know of a dr that prescribes the injections?

I did the TrimYou spray--available on Amazon. Same idea.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 1:18 pm
Oooh just discovered if you put coffee in the blender it gets very frothy almost a milky consistency.

Question- can part of my 2L of water be decaf ice coffee.
Ice coffee stevia

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 1:53 pm
amother wrote:
Oooh just discovered if you put coffee in the blender it gets very frothy almost a milky consistency.

Question- can part of my 2L of water be decaf ice coffee.
Ice coffee stevia

Are you doing injections or the spray? I think if you are doing the injections then you are allowed some coffee. The spray not--though my husband did and didn't notice any problem, even though on the spray support website it repeatedly says NO COFFEE.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 2:21 pm
amother wrote:
I did the TrimYou spray--available on Amazon. Same idea.

What about the injections? Also, the spray is available over the counter? No prescription needed?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 7:20 am
Op here-
Update from Friday morning until today I lost another 1.8 lbs.
Over Shabbat
I ate 1/2 a pita 3x, but I skipped 1 fruit on Friday and both over Shabbat.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 8:56 pm
Update - I have lost 5 lbs so far Smile But it's getting hard because I miss eating normal food! Like coffee with milk, salmon, normal Shabbos food. But I am still motivated.

Has anyone else had bad constipation problems? What did you do?

In response to the request for the name of a doctor, I use Dr Robin Leder in Hackensack NJ. She doesn't take insurance, and the whole 40 days will cost total around $1000 (including the shots and a weekly weigh-in). You can then submit it to your insurance. I know it's pricey, but she did a whole extensive workup - I must have given 40 vials of blood, so you get a good idea of what is really going on inside of you.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 9:16 pm
amother wrote:
Update - I have lost 5 lbs so far Smile But it's getting hard because I miss eating normal food! Like coffee with milk, salmon, normal Shabbos food. But I am still motivated.

In response to the request for the name of a doctor, I use Dr Robin Leder in Hackensack NJ. She doesn't take insurance, and the whole 40 days will cost total around $1000 (including the shots and a weekly weigh-in). You can then submit it to your insurance. I know it's pricey, but she did a whole extensive workup - I must have given 40 vials of blood, so you get a good idea of what is really going on inside of you.

WoW
Are those 5 lbs including the weight you gain during load days?

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 12:02 am
minnie mouse wrote:
I've tried this diet in the past with real success. I would love to try it now after a baby. Any way to do it while nursing?

I did it when my baby was 2.5 months because though I was exercising and low carbing I had ZERO weight loss.
These are my thoughts: I found it so much harder to do because I was constantly hungry. I did eat an extra protien.
My baby ate every hour to hour and half, he developed nicely but stopped gaining weight from about 3.5 months old. He weighed 16 lbs at that age so I thought that it wasn't so bad to be this weight at 10 months when he started solids.
I do regret doing it while nursing and would never recommend it.
I did it because my doctor told me that it's ok. I remember that when I researched nursing and HCG I could only find one person who did it and was ok with it.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 7:37 am
amother wrote:

DON'T SKIP THE APPLE A DAY! I found that made all the difference. I was as regular as clockwork with the apple, and that is unusual for me.

I also switched out some of my coffee for green tea with stevia. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but it definitely kept my appetite in check.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 7:52 am
OP here
B"H I lost another 2lbs.
Incredible, I'm sometimes a little hungry, but it's more like I'm just use to eating all the time, but nothing real entices me.
I read in Pounds and Inches how those that enjoy alcohol don't crave it during HCG, maybe it's the same idea.

iyar

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 7:57 am
amother wrote:
I did it when my baby was 2.5 months because though I was exercising and low carbing I had ZERO weight loss.
These are my thoughts: I found it so much harder to do because I was constantly hungry. I did eat an extra protien.
My baby ate every hour to hour and half, he developed nicely but stopped gaining weight from about 3.5 months old. He weighed 16 lbs at that age so I thought that it wasn't so bad to be this weight at 12 months when he started solids.
I do regret doing it while nursing and would never recommend it.
I did it because my doctor told me that it's ok. I remember that when I researched nursing and HCG I could only find one person who did it and was ok with it.

From 3.5 months to 12 months your child had no weight gain.
And as all those weeks and months went by, you never stopped to think what nutrients this baby was being deprived of?

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 8:53 am
iyar wrote:
From 3.5 months to 12 months your child had no weight gain.
And as all those weeks and months went by, you never stopped to think what nutrients this baby was being deprived of?

I did speak to the doctor and as I said he developed nicely and was a chubby 16 lbs at that age, so as the months went by he basically grew into the weight. He was a happy and active child passing all the milestones with ease.

I still would not recommend doing the protocol for the mother not so much for the baby.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 9:02 am
I believe I know someone doing it while nursing--but the child is over 1.5 so its not his primary source of nutrition. I can't wait to do it again.

FWIW, the spray is like $75-$80 and has great results as well, no doctor, no blood, and no shots and there's a support website. The biggest difference is no coffee--which I didn't really miss that much after the first week but I was fine with green tea, and no citrus essence (lemon juice is fine).

This is the only diet that works for me, I can't wait to do it again when I'm done nursing.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 9:23 am
amother wrote:
I did speak to the doctor and as I said he developed nicely and was a chubby 16 lbs at that age, so as the months went by he basically grew into the weight. He was a happy and active child passing all the milestones with ease.

I still would not recommend doing the protocol for the mother not so much for the baby.

I must say, I am shocked that your pediatrician had no problem with this. At 4 months, a 16 lb baby is in the 50-75 percentile range. At 12 month, that weight is below the 5 percentile. That's not called growing into the weight, it is plain and simple abnormal growth. For the pediatrician to approve a drop in weight from the normal range to very low, is frankly horrific.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 3:00 pm
amother wrote:
I must say, I am shocked that your pediatrician had no problem with this. At 4 months, a 16 lb baby is in the 50-75 percentile range. At 12 month, that weight is below the 5 percentile. That's not called growing into the weight, it is plain and simple abnormal growth. For the pediatrician to approve a drop in weight from the normal range to very low, is frankly horrific.

Listen you don't need to get so worked up about this, Minnie mouse asked a question and I answered her.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 8:38 am
DON'T SKIP THE APPLE A DAY! I found that made all the difference. I was as regular as clockwork with the apple, and that is unusual for me.

I also switched out some of my coffee for green tea with stevia. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but it definitely kept my appetite in check.
-----------
Frantic Frummie, my doc says I cannot have any fruit on this diet because I am borderline high sugar and the glucose isn't good for me. Only veggies. Anyway I took psyllium husk, probiotics and magnesium citrate and it alleviated.

I also am drinking tea.

Did anyone else find the fast day really hard? I was instructed to drink water but try not to eat.

But still steadily losing, B"H.

Good going, Floralwhite! Yes, those 5 lbs include the increased weight at the beginning. But I think my weight loss is now less than 1lb/day. I think only at the very beginning was I losing more than a pound/day.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 9:03 am
I am terrible at fasting, but when I did the protocol I eventually found fasts to get easier and easier, probably because my stomach was shrinking.

My body eventually settled on losing about .8 pounds a day. It still added up nicely. It doesn't have to be a full pound every day in order to make real progress. Don't let it discourage you, try to keep focused on the long run. If you end up losing 5 pounds a week instead of 7, you're still way ahead of where you were when you started!

Sorry to hear about your issues with fruit. I found fruit to be the best part of the protocol, but I'm glad you're working with a doctor and getting sound advice. It's so important.

In a way you're lucky. I did the protocol in the summer, when I depended on a wide variety of seasonal fruits to keep me interested in menu planning. If I did it in the winter I would have been miserable. Since you aren't doing fruit, a round in the winter won't be a problem for you at all.

(Don't even get me started about living in Israel during a Shmittah year. There's mamash NOTHING to eat!)
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise