Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Needa boast for a minute
1  2  Next

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 2:53 pm
I am finally at my goal weight!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a whole new wardrobe!!!! I went down two whole bra sizes!!!! It took me almost ten years--up and down and up and down, and down and down and down and down!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

animeme

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 3:02 pm
Congratulations!

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 3:04 pm
Mazal Tov!
You should have hatzlochah in maintaining it!

Undefined

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 3:41 pm
Yay,good for you! What worked best for you?

jewwoman

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 3:46 pm
Well done...can u post some tips please..
That's amazing.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 4:04 pm
Mazel tov!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 5:52 pm
So happy for you !

iyar

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 6:04 pm
Mazel Tov Orchid!!!!
That must feel so great!
Please tell us more. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to hear all about it.

csfm

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 8:16 pm
How wonderful! I'm so proud of you! Mazel tov! I wish you much happiness and naches.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 8:20 pm
Great!!

Now tell us-

How
Did
You
Do
It
?????

rae

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 8:41 pm
Amazing!!! Hold on to that great feeling.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 11:51 pm
Hi guys, here's what I did:

1. myfitnesspal.com and only at 1200 calories a day, no matter what. I write down every single thing I eat, and I measure/weight every single thing I eat. (I got more lax when I was 5 lbs from my goal). I eat basically a Mediterranean diet and four squares of dark chocolate every night. I don't freak out if I eat something that's complete junk as long as I am within calorie allowance. I also try to have the recommended amount of protein, fat, and carbohydrate per day (as shown on myfitnesspal). If I am hungry and don't know what to eat, I look at where I am up to in nutrients, and pick a food in the category that is lacking.
2. I also addressed the underlying issue, which was emotional eating, hormonal imbalance, and depression. This included therapy, self care, medication, and love.
3. I weighed myself and measured myself every Friday and logged it into myfitnesspal
4. On Shabbos I eat whatever I want, but I got used to not eating tons, so I doubt I am eating much more than the week (but I eat cake and challa and whatever).
5. Another thing that helped me (I read this online) is touching certain parts of your body that you feel getting smaller during the day and reminding yourself how good that looks/feels.
6. I bought a lot of clothing. For me, this is a major motivator. Every 5-10 pounds I went down a size, and I haven't been any of those smaller sizes in quite some time! I know some people don't believe in spending money when your are losing weight because you will not be that size soon. I look for things that can be worn in a few sizes (like elastic waisted dresses, t shirts, things that fit the shoulders well and can be belted)
7. I found which things I really like and keep me full. I wrote down menu choices for each meal (about 3 for each meal and snack), and I keep that on my fridge. That way, when I am hungry I go to the fridge and remember: oh yeah, greek yogurt smoothie! Yum and filling and healthy!
8. I do not buy things that I can't control myself around. There is absolutely no chocolate, mike n ikes, ice cream, or chewy cookies to be found. There is only healthy bread.
9. When I do need to get/make something sweet for the kids, I choose something that isn't my favorite. (no such thing as a treat I don't like at all!) Sometimes I'll buy bakery cookies for Shabbos, because they are so much less appealing than cookies straight out of the oven.
10. I try to think of things like: Food is for energy. Healthy food feels good to eat, junk leaves me feeling awful. I deserve to get nutritious food. I will take care of myself so I have energy for the family.
11. I have ZERO pressure from my husband (this is a biggie for me). He tells me all the time that he loves how I look at any size, and no matter what I am attractive to him. But, he is supportive in helping me cook healthy meals, since sometimes it's a real pain!
12. If I feel hungry, I first ask myself if really I am thirsty.
13. I drink a ton of water and tea
14. I started to think of fruit as candy. When I finish a meal and have that "I need something sweet" feeling, I get a cup full of berries.
15. Every night, I ask myself what protein I will eat for the main meal the next day. This way, I can defrost chicken or salmon so that I don't have an excuse the next day for not cooking it.
16. If I slip up, I tell myself that I look good the way I am, and even if I don't lose more, it will be fine. I also tell myself that I am aiming for so low calories that even if I end up having an extra 500, I will still be maintaining, and that is a big comfort!
17. Every Sunday I make a huge pot of vegetable soup without any starchy vegetables. This is super low cal and helps fill me up through the whole week.
18. For a while I was good with aerobics, but now I am mostly just being more active during the day--walking to the supermarket instead of driving, running with my kids outside. I do need to do more toning though, because flab don't disappear when you lose weight!
19. Have a reason you want to lose weight that doesn't have to do with appearance. Write it down and stick it to your mirror. Mine was "I want to change my eating habits and fill myself with nutritious food so I can have energy to devote myself fully to my family and be a happier person.

That's all I can think of now guys...I hope this can help someone!
Right now I am in maintenance mode, so I am eating slightly higher cal per day, and taking a bit more liberty with treats. I am still weighing myself every week and still logging calories. As soon as I see I gained even 1 lb, I go back to the original diet.
Hatzlacha with all of your weight journeys. I also believe that there is a time to diet, and there is a time to put on make up and tell yourself you are a worthy, beautiful person. Sometimes you just can't take any more stress, or you are nursing, or moving, or sick...during those times I really don't believe in killing yourself. It is a lot of work to diet, even though you feel good when you stick to it. It's important not to be obsessed and attach your worth to your weight.

mamma2b

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 12:54 am
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!
I can really relate as I also recently reached my dream weight...Wow JUST WOW
Keep going girl
You know what they say the art of dieting is in maintaining your weight loss post diet...well ok THEY don't say that, that's all me:)
And thanks for sharing your tips...definitely gave me some food for thought-lol pun intended

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 1:05 am
Amazing!!! Do you share your MyFitnessPal username? Is your diary open? I'd love to see it.
Would you share those foods you mentioned in number 7 that are on your fridge? I'd love to hear your ideas. I'm also struggling with keeping to 1200 low carb cals on mfp.

Lastly, if you are comfortable sharing, how much did you lose all together??

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 7:38 am
From my top weight, I lost a total of about 50 lbs, but from when I started my recent stint, it was about 25 lbs. But I don't believe in comparing numbers, because I am short, and I can see a difference every 5 lbs.

It's nothing dramatic, but for the person that asked, here are my go to meals and snacks:
meals:
1 c oatmeal + 2 T cottage cheese
1 c Kashi cereal + 1/2 c milk
1 c frozen fruit + 1 c greek yogurt in smoothie
3 oz salmon + 2 c salad + 3/4 c brown rice
3 oz chicken + 2 c vegetable soup + 1 sweet potato
Bean/vegetable/cheese stew + 1/2 c rice
1.5 oz tuna + 1/2 T mayo + 1 piece whole wheat bread + 1 c salad
two piece whole wheat bread + 1 oz cheese + vegetable soup
snacks:
Any fruit, 1 oz nuts, 4 rice cakes, nut kind bar--not a perfect healthy food but also not terrible-love those. I also eat 4 squares of chocolate almost every night, it satisfies my feeling of having a treat and I eat it very slow...

Basically, I try to have a protein + carb + fat + vegetable--adding up to about 400 cal each meal-- for lunch and dinner, carb + fruit for breakfast--adding up to about 200 cal, and fruits or nuts for snacks, adding in the remaining calories I need.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 11:55 am
Love this!
Boast away!
I am so pro healthy eating!
Good for you for doing what's right so u have energy to take care of your family.

What brand chocolate do u eat every night?

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 11:56 am
Also, u just inspired me to take a walk for ym lunch break

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 12:34 pm
amother wrote:
What brand chocolate do u eat every night?

Chocolove Strong Dark Chocolate Bar

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 12:35 pm
amother wrote:
Amazing!!! Do you share your MyFitnessPal username? Is your diary open? I'd love to see it.

It isn't very interesting, I don't write in the diary part of it, I only log food and weight there.

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Jul 08 2017, 9:47 pm
How long did it take you exactly to lose the 25 lb?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise