Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Solution Oriented Life Coaching
1  2  Next

Yael

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 8:54 am
Solution Oriented Life Coaching, with Frantic Frummie!

Would you have a baby without a midwife?
Would you climb a mountain without a guide?
Would you fly a plane without lessons?

Learn how to give birth to your best self, how to get to the top, and how to soar!

I'm offering Life Coaching sessons over Skype. Based on teaching by the founders of Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP), Rabbi Shalom Arush, and most importantly, our holy Torah.

I don't have the answers - you do! The trick is, are you asking the right questions? If you are feeling stuck, confused, or overwhelmed, I can help. Between us, we can start a dialog that will unlock the wisdom that you have inside you, find out what you're doing right, and how to build on more of that. Learn how easy it is to break old patterns that no longer serve you, with gentle support and compassion.

I have sliding scale fees, and I can work with anyone's budget constraints. I also offer FREE chat check-ins from time to time, if you're not ready for another session just yet, but need to ask something.

Your confidentiality is completely assured. You will have the choice of Skype video chat, or Skype phone, where you don't have to be seen. Flexible hours, 6 days a week.

PM FranticFrummie for any further details.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a therapist, and I do not do trauma work. I do not have a degree or training to tackle serious problems. If something that happened in your past is keeping you from moving forward, PLEASE see a licensed, professional therapist or counselor. Your local JFS can give you referrals.

Sponsored Post

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 10:28 am
PM button here:

<-----------------

Bluesky 1

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 10:38 am
hatzlacha!

relish

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 6:34 pm
Great idea! Really suits you FF!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 5:43 am
I forgot to add that if anyone wants to work on dog phobias, I'd love to help. I'm really dedicated to teaching kids safety around strange animals.

For this, I'm offering the low end of my fee, because I really believe it's important.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 2:34 pm
I've been getting a lot of PMs lately from people with questions, so I'd like to open up this thread for ASK ME ANYTHING.

Not sure of the difference between a life coach and a therapist?
What is the difference in cost? Can you accept insurance?
How do I know you'll keep my info confidential?

What can a life coach do for me?
Does my situation need coaching?
How would I know where to start?
How much of my past do I need to tell you?

"Overwhelmed with kids, one is acting out in school, DH works overtime and is crabby, and I CAN'T COPE ANYMORE!" Let me help you prioritize, break it down, and address each issue separately. Together we can come up with a workable plan that will help your life run much more smoothly.

Got a great dream, but feel like you'll never get there? Feeling trapped by "goals" and "to do lists"? This is one of my specialties!

Post here as amother, and if you're really concerned about privacy, keep PMing me and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible. You can even set up an anon email, and reach me at Rivkasmom@gmail.com

My promise to you is that I will be attentive, compassionate, sometimes funny, and always keeping YOUR best interests at heart. I will not project my ego, issues, or opinions on you in any way whatsoever. If you ask "what should I do?" I will probably not tell you - but I may ask leading questions that will bring you to your own highest truth and values.

Acknowledge your past, but keep your head in the present, and your eyes on the future. My biggest success is YOUR success.

So bring on those questions!

Stars

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 2:36 pm
So what *is* the difference between a life coach and a therapist?

purpleonion

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 2:56 pm
Stars wrote:
So what *is* the difference between a life coach and a therapist?

A therapist is here to help you heal from your past , so nothing should hold you stuck .

A life coach is helping you achieve your goals regardless of your past anything

I might be wrong but this is how I see it

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 12:10 pm
purpleonion wrote:
A therapist is here to help you heal from your past , so nothing should hold you stuck .

A life coach is helping you achieve your goals regardless of your past anything

I might be wrong but this is how I see it

Exactly! Your past is part of your background information, but I don't go into it in detail. It's part of "what happened".

My work is to take you from where you're holding today, and find out where you want to be holding tomorrow, next week, next year, etc.

Using the tools you have now, and building on what worked for you in the past, we evaluate those tools. Throw out the ones that aren't working anymore, strengthen the ones that work, and discover new tools that will help carry you forward.

You already hold the key to your success. I just help guide your hand as you turn it in whatever is locked for you. From there, we can travel the next steps together.

Another difference, is that a therapist will only see you at set times, and there is generally no communication between appointments. I am available for chats in between appointments. Also, my hours are very flexible, and I can often do last minute appointments if a crisis comes up. You'll never have to wait a week to talk to me. If things are moving really fast for you, this can be a huge benefit.

If things are stable for a while, I won't get into a huff if you need to take a break. There's no risk of worrying about hurting my feelings if you don't want to continue, or if you need some space.

crust

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 6:37 am
A+ on transparency, FF! I'm sure it's a pleasure to work with you.

I think a coach is best explained by a bike or any vehicle. You sit onto a bike or into the car and it helps you get where you want, sooner.

Your thoughts?

oliveoil

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 9:18 am
There is another huge difference which is that a therapist has years of training and supervision, whereas anyone can hang up a shingle that says "life coach".

crust

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 9:23 am
oliveoil wrote:
There is another huge difference which is that a therapist has years of training and supervision, whereas anyone can hang up a shingle that says "life coach".

In the case of FF, she does NOT claim to heal you or do trauma work. Not even CBT. That is what I talked about in my previous post. The honesty and transparency.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 5:56 am
oliveoil wrote:

You are absolutely right. I do not, and never have, claimed to be a therapist.

I do work with clients who have therapists, and often encourage them to take deeper issues to their therapists. I consider myself part of a team, and each member has a roll to play.

Something I often hear is "My therapist said this to me yesterday, and I can't get it out of my head..." Then we will talk over the issue until the client comes to some clarity. They can take that new perspective back to their therapist, and make more progress than with just the therapist alone. I'm like a wall to bounce ideas off of. When we make a breakthrough, my first reaction is "Wow, that's great! Make sure you tell that to your therapist!"

Not all therapists are good, either. Some create dependence, don't set boundaries about transferrence, or they give bad advice. In that case, I will suggest the client interview other therapists to find a better fit.

It's never a case of either/or. The best clients use all the tools they have at their disposal.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 6:51 am
Did you train somewhere to learn life coaching?
what background do you have to call yourself a life Coach?

SpottedBanana

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 7:02 am
Iymnok wrote:

Maybe FF did get certified by the International Coach Federation, but in the US anyone can call themselves a life coach and be a life coach. That's what differentiates the field from therapy -- no mandatory training or licensing. I'm sure she did attend the School of Hard Knocks Smile

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 7:22 am
Iymnok wrote:

Many years of my own therapy and work with life coaches.
NLP training.
Landmark Education.
Lots and lots of books and seminars.
Currently studying to be a certified Emunah coach through Breslov.

If you try me, and don't think that we're a good fit, then your first session is FREE. I'm not out to scam anyone, make any promises, or decieve anyone.

You may ask "FF, you've posted about so many of your own problems. If your life is so messy, what makes you think you can help anyone else?"

My answer is; I maintain a positive attitude, emunah and bitachon, and I continue to work towards my future. I learn from my own mistakes, so I have more to draw from to help others.

Could you really relate to someone who's always had a perfect life, and never struggled with anything?

wanna

Post Thu, Aug 24 2017, 4:06 pm
how does it work if someone wants complete anonymity? She does not wish to reveal her sn. How else can she contact you?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 24 2017, 4:29 pm
wanna wrote:
how does it work if someone wants complete anonymity? She does not wish to reveal her sn. How else can she contact you?

Set up an anon gmail account, and then email me at Rivkasmom@gmail.com. When you make your Skype account, you can use any name you like. "Anon Mrs. X" will work, Skype is not picky about screen names.

If you don't want me to see your face, you can always use the phone app on Skype, and we'll just work by voice. OR, if you prefer to see me (I talk with my hands a lot, LOL) then we can do video, but just turn off the video on your end.

Honestly, I live way OOT, and have no interest in gossiping or sharing your info in any way. You could be my next door neighbor, and I'd have no way of knowing. My main interest is that you feel comfortable and safe.

You will have all of my personal info, so that is your security that you are talking to a legit person.

crust

Post Thu, Aug 24 2017, 5:33 pm
Its intresting FF. The world of medicine and therapy has changed so dramatically. You can have an appointment in New York with a psychaitrist who lives in Isreal and he accepts your US insurance.
Years ago if you were being loyal to your practice you couldnt dream about traveling for longer periods of time.

What a little Skype can do...

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Aug 25 2017, 12:40 am
crust wrote:
Its intresting FF. The world of medicine and therapy has changed so dramatically. You can have an appointment in New York with a psychaitrist who lives in Isreal and he accepts your US insurance.
Years ago if you were being loyal to your practice you couldnt dream about traveling for longer periods of time.

What a little Skype can do...

One one hand, I really wish I could accept insurance. On the other hand, I charge about half or less than the average therapist.

If you feel like you don't need intensive therapy, and just want a tune-up for your life, it's a much more affordable option.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics