Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshivos post high school-help me choose!

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 9:23 am
Hi, my son just finished 12th grade and we feel he needs a different type of yeshiva as opposed to staying where he was for HS. Without going into too much detail, we are considering TOMO, Mercaz Hatorah, Toras Chaim in EY. We would actually prefer keeping him in the USA. If anyone has current information on Ner Yisroel Baltimore, or another yeshiva that fits this description, I would love to hear.
Looking for a place that is ultra warm, and will take a personal interest in each boy and help him reach his potential. We want him to have a close kesher with rebbeim.
Any input (or other suggestions) would be much appreciated. Also we don't want a place that will actively discourage college at some point if he chooses to go (just want his options open, whether he goes or not doesn't really matter to me)

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 9:32 am
It's very late in the year. What was he planning until now? I ask because dh teaches in a yeshiva and when someone applies at this stage of the game, there's usually a backstory. You don't have to tell us what it is, but you do need to be aware that yeshivos will likely ask.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 10:33 am
I'm aware. That's not what I'm asking. I will explain to the yeshiva why we are late in applying but don't want to go into details here. As I said in my OP. Any information about the yeshivas in question would be helpful.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 3:56 pm
I'd suggest this yeshiva which was started with the encouragement of Ner Yisroel hanhala to have a smaller, warmer atmosphere: http://ygohrhatorah.org/faculty/

mamaleh

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 5:25 pm
I don't know alot about it currently, but TIUNY in Rochester, NY (Chofetz Chaim) definitely used to fit this description.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 11:39 pm
www.bmtc.edu
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics