Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
S/O pregant mikva- segulot skepticism
Previous  1  2

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 12:38 pm
When my husband asked our very litvish Rebbetzin if she knew of any segula's for an easy birth, she said "Davening is a good segula". And I think that's just about all we used.

As for people davening for others, I recently heard an idea that some things require a great deal of prayer. It changes from thing to thing from person to person, one may need more prayers for shidduchim, while another may need more for children, or another more for parnassah. But it doesn't matter where the prayers come from, so if others daven for that person it can help get them closer to their goals/needs/yehua. I liked that idea.

I once heard an idea that segulas can sort of be the cherry on top. I've often felt like following the work of davening and trying to strengthen my connection with H" that it's a little extra step between me and Hashem, although now that I think about it, strengthening my shmiras halashon, or hilchos Shabbos might do that just as well, if not better.

Hatzlacha

zaq

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 3:42 pm
Segulah skeptic here. Don't get me started. I believe in "segulot" like working is a segulah for parnassah. Exercise is a "segulah" for health. I also believe in tefillah, but with the understanding that we cannot force the KBH to do or not do anything. All we can do is ask. The KBH may not grant our requests if we ask, but if we don't ask, why should He grant them?

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 5:05 am
I didn't believe in a certain segula and BH got a miracle. So this wasn't placebo. Of course it can always be coincidence...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions