Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Camp activities for a fast day

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 10:40 pm
My kids are home this summer and I'm trying to plan appropriate activities for the fast day. My oldest is 9. What activities do camps do on a fast day? TIA!

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 10:59 pm
my kids are also home with me but the local day camp is off tomorrow for the fast day...

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 11:13 pm
Thanks for the response. Where I live there is half a day of camp. Where we used to live there was a full day of camp. Maybe someone here works in a camp and can give me some ideas

salt

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 1:15 am
Read stories about the churban beit hamikdash.
Teach them the story of kamtza and bar kamtza. They can act it out - you could film them and them they can re-watch themselves.
Color a picture of the beit hamikdash. Decorate it. Make the kailim of the beit hamkikdash out of bits and pieces, boxes, etc.
Teach them that the beit hamkikdash was destroyed because of sinat chinam - get them to do extra acts of kindness - charts, prizes, etc. Visit an old lonely lady. Make some cakes for someone who is sick or just had a baby.
Draw a big picture of the kotel - cut up little bits of paper/cardboard/empty cereal box - and then all stick the bricks on the kotel - then they can each write their own tefillot that they wish for or want to thank hashem for (you write for the little ones who can't write - and stick all the tefillot on the kotel collage that you have made.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 9:28 am
Thanks for the ideas! I like the idea about having them put on a play and filming them. Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note