Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Secrets of Skinny Cooking by Victoria Dwek

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 5:55 pm
Does anyone have it? Would love to hear reviews.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 6:32 pm
Following

simba

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 9:11 pm
I actually bought it because the concept sounded good but in good faith (did not write down any recipes) returned it.
Nothing in their that inspired me. A lot of the Splenda and low fat mayo. Salads etc..

Check it out yourself at the bookstore, maybe it works for others.

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 9:32 pm
I agree with simba. I love cookbooks. Own more than I likely should. Haven't found anything in it that I really am interested in making.

I did just buy the table for two cookbook and have made at least 10 of the recipes and have been pleased. Kids are away so portion sizes are perfect. I'll have to do the math to increase the sizes once everyone is home.

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 9:45 pm
1091 wrote:
I agree with simba. I love cookbooks. Own more than I likely should. Haven't found anything in it that I really am interested in making.

I did just buy the table for two cookbook and have made at least 10 of the recipes and have been pleased. Kids are away so portion sizes are perfect. I'll have to do the math to increase the sizes once everyone is home.

Does the Table for Two have health minded recipes?

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 9:47 pm
I wouldn't say that. Easy fast recipes. I can see good for new cooks.

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 9:55 pm
Thanks. I'll check it out.

kenz

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 10:33 pm
simba wrote:
I actually bought it because the concept sounded good but in good faith (did not write down any recipes) returned it.
Nothing in their that inspired me. A lot of the Splenda and low fat mayo. Salads etc..

Check it out yourself at the bookstore, maybe it works for others.

And my issue is that many of the recipes call for Greek yogurt, which I can't stand. I did make the cauliflower mac n cheese, which my family loved, but other than that - eh.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room