Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
When to start sharing a room? 2 cribs? (16 mos apart)

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 12:52 am
My two yummies are 16 months apart. How soon can I start them sleeping in the same room, I.e. how young can the baby be? Is it as soon as baby starts sleeping through the night? Will they wake each other up if one cries out?

Currently my oldest sleeps through B"H but sometimes he cries out in middle of the night when he is super wet and his PJs are soaked through. Will that wake my baby?

Will they wake each other up in the morning? (I don't see how they can not.)

Would you recommend 2 cribs? Or would you move the big one into a bed? (I don't want to do that too early.)

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 1:17 am
When you want the younger one out of your room, move them to the sibs room. Definitely you want 2 cribs.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 4:18 am
I found both advantages and disadvantages to having my 2 young kids close in age in the same room. I only put them together once they were both sleep trained. The middle of the night is not a problem because they are both sleep trained to go back to sleep if woken. They go to bed nicely because they are going together. But they do wake each other in the morning. Sometimes very early...
I vote for cribs for as long as possible.
Hatzlacha

myname1

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 5:34 am
I find that in the middle of the night they do not wake each other usually but in the morning they usually do. Sometimes if one wakes up at like 3/4/5, I'll take them to my bed and then they'll both sleep longer in the morning (in separate rooms). But neither of mine sleeps perfectly and my bigger one is worse with waking up, so take that for what it's worth.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 6:11 am
My first two are 16 months apart. I did not have 2 cribs. I moved my older soon to a bed by about 21 months. Until then, my second slept in a pack n play. It worked fine for us, but Iits, really a personal thing and many would prefer to have both kits in cribs as long as possible.good luck!

chocolatecake

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 9:38 am
My first two are 20 months apart. I had my older one in a crib and the baby in the pack n play. I never bought two cribs. When my second was about 6 months I moved her out of my room in the same room as my other one. She was still waking up in middle of the night but it never woke up my son. I used to put my son in his crib and when he was asleep I would put my daughter to bed. Today they are two and four and still share a room yet do not go to sleep together. We tried but it never worked....Plenty of times they do wake each other up in the mornings....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics