Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Challah baked on wed.

Lizajen

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 10:08 am
I baked a batch of challah yesterday( Wed.). What's the best way to store the challah that I plan on using this Shabbos? Thanx.

bsy

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 10:15 am
Freeze it and warm it up in the oven before shabbos. For shabbos day, take it out of the freezer in the morning and warm it up on the crock pot.

iammom

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 10:43 am
bsy wrote:
Freeze it and warm it up in the oven before shabbos. For shabbos day, take it out of the freezer in the morning and warm it up on the crock pot.

I second this.

Seas

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 10:45 am
I even freeze the Shabbos morning challah that is baked late Thursday night/early Friday morning.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 10:47 am
Seas wrote:
I even freeze the Shabbos morning challah that is baked late Thursday night/early Friday morning.

me too...otherwise it would be day-old bread. Much fresher from the freezer, wrapped in foil and re-heated.

bsy

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 10:48 am
For some reason, warming up non frozen challah on the crock pot shabbos morning never tastes as good as the frozen. So if we have challah baked Friday and not frozen, we don't warm it up shabbos day.

Super Mom

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 11:08 am
I always bake on Friday but last week I tried Thursday and it just wasn't the same. I'll try freezing this time.

rgr

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 11:09 am
Chayalle wrote:
me too...otherwise it would be day-old bread. Much fresher from the freezer, wrapped in foill and re-heated.

I always wondered about that. What is the point of the foil? Does it actually help?
I just put the challah in freezer quality Ziplock bags.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 11:18 am
I freeze challah in well sealed plastic bags and reheat on top of the cholent pot in foil.

Raisin

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 11:21 am
I freeze the challah for shabbos lunch overnight too. I don't always rewarm unless it is still frozen because I didn't take it out early enough.

I always bake on friday but if I don't it goes straight into the freezer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads