Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood boys schools
1  2  Next

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 8:22 pm
Hi I'm looking for as much as info as possible on the lakewood boys elementary schools. Please don't post Lashon Hara. I'm looking for a yeshiva that would be a good fit for someone who sends to Bnos Esther Malka or Meoros etc... Thanks!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 9:25 pm
Tashbar, ohr Yehuda, orchos chaim, even yisrael would be good fits

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 9:25 pm
you want teitching in yiddish?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 10:22 pm
@pumpkin what could u or anyone else tell me about those yeshivos?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 11:54 pm
@papaya I don't necessarily want a yeshiva that teitches into Yiddish but I'm fine with it.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 12:17 am
Taskbar is run by meir herz. Very professional, good English department. Very strict rules. Educated parent body.
Ohr yehuda Is owned by rabbi bender from far rockaway . Parents are very happy it's nice and small and warm. American type crowd.
Orchos Chaim is a little more "upper class" crowd. Owner is yanky Mandelbaum, principal is rabbi Fireman. Very well run, very accommodating if child needs extra service, great English department and serious recess duty so wildness and bullying are minimal compared to other Lakewood schools. I think 5 classes per grade at this point.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 7:36 am
Just know that orchos chaim is really hard to get into.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 7:54 am
Even Yisrael is a newer school started by an administrator of orchos chaim and parents there very happy seems a wholesome well rounded school

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 2:17 pm
Pearl thank you so much for all that info! What do you mean by Tashbar having very strict rules?

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 3:33 pm
I think Tashbar is worried that they'll get a name that they are a bit more "left" so they are very strict about tightness of pants, taking off during mid winter vacation, what kind of yarmulka etc
Schools with more confidence may look away from some of these.
Agreed with above poster that orchos Chaim is very difficult to get into unless you have pull.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 4:41 pm
I think tashbar always had those strict rules..they definitely don't have a name of being "very to the left". YTT turned into that even though the old timers aren't very to the left.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 4:57 pm
[quote="amother"]Even Yisrael is a newer school started by an administrator... seems a wholesome well rounded school[[/b]/quote]
Could you elaborate on this point. Ty

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 12:20 am
Thanks so much pearl and everyone else! Is Tashbar warm? I think that's something my son needs. Orchos chaim sounds great. Also I'd love to hear more info about even yisroel, Ohr Yehuda and Nesivos Hatorah - Rabbi Censors yeshiva if anyone has any info. It would be greatly appreciated!

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 2:10 am
amother wrote:
Thanks so much pearl and everyone else! Is Tashbar warm? I think that's something my son needs. Orchos chaim sounds great. Also I'd love to hear more info about even yisroel, Ohr Yehuda and Nesivos Hatorah - Rabbi Censors yeshiva if anyone has any info. It would be greatly appreciated!
Very warm! My son loves going to school and I've heard from others that this is true for alot of Tashbar boys that they really like yeshiva. The rebbeim and principals are also pretty involved with the kids. It's a very nice structured but warm atmosphere.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 9:06 am
Rabbi Censor's school is very new. They only have a primary so far. There is a nice crowd in the first class and has a good reputation already. Even Yisrael (Rabbi Zelinger) is a drop more established. I think they have a 3rd or 4th grade. It is also a small cozy school with a nice parent body.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 9:21 am
If ur son really needs a warm yeshiva, I would stick to the smaller schools. It would be easier for him.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 6:40 pm
Does Ohr Yehuda, Even yisroel, and Rabbi Censor's yeshiva have good English departments?

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 7:00 pm
amother wrote:
Does Ohr Yehuda, Even yisroel, and Rabbi Censor's yeshiva have good English departments?

No. The only good English departments are Tashbat and Orchos Chaim.
Most of my friends in the "more yeshivish" schools are hiring English tutors for their sons and they are not stupid kids. I'm not exaggerating when I say most of my friends.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 10:04 pm
YTT also has good English and is very warm. It has a group of less yeshivish and more to the left. But definantly theres alot of good pple too.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 3:01 pm
What about Shaagas Aryeh? I didn't see anyone mention them.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics