Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood boys schools
Previous  1  2

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 3:18 pm
excellent school really warm parents very happy. bit more to the right than the others but still definitely an option. although you will definitely need to tutor your son in english as they only have men english teachers and tends to not be taken as seriously that way but have heard there has been improvement in that dept with an overall dept head on top of it... you'd have to speak to ppl...

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 4:17 pm
Very happy in ohr yehuda so far bh and english is excellent so far also

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 2:31 pm
Could someone please give me more info about even yisroel and Shagas Aryeh? Thanks!

Mommy1!

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 2:46 pm
Shagas Aryeh is a very good school and, as a result, very hard to get into.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 2:50 pm
Mommy1! wrote:
Shagas Aryeh is a very good school and, as a result, very hard to get into.

Can you tell me about it?
Type of patent body? Secular studies department? Type of boys who go there? Bullying? Do they emphasize importance of middos (perhaps over to Torah, because derech Eretz kodmah Latorah)?

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 2:53 pm
amother wrote:
Could someone please give me more info about even yisroel and Shagas Aryeh? Thanks!

The parent body is simillar in both schools. Shaagas Aryeh is a Kanarek school and more established. It has more parallel classes and goes through 8th grade.
Even Yisrael is run by Rabbi Zelinger. He was a fantastic rebbi in Orchos Chaim for many years. The school is very warm and small. It only goes through about 4th/5th grade. The school is currently in a little house. I was told they are using trailers as well this coming year.

Mommy1!

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 3:01 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Can you tell me about it?
Type of patent body? Secular studies department? Type of boys who go there? Bullying? Do they emphasize importance of middos (perhaps over to Torah, because derech Eretz kodmah Latorah)?

Smack in middle of work now but basically, it's a large school (3 parallel classes) and very well run. The thing is in Lakewood unless you have 'pull' it's really hard to get into the more established schools. Not necessarily because they are elitist or snobs, but when there are hundreds of kids applying for a limited number of slots, the administrators will obviously take those they 'know' over those that they don't.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 3:17 pm
Mommy1! wrote:
Smack in middle of work now but basically, it's a large school (3 parallel classes) and very well run. The thing is in Lakewood unless you have 'pull' it's really hard to get into the more established schools. Not necessarily because they are elitist or snobs, but when there are hundreds of kids applying for a limited number of slots, the administrators will obviously take those they 'know' over those that they don't.

I have pull for that school. Question is whether we want to send there. When you're finished with work, can you pm me or post here the answers to my questions above?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 3:32 pm
If possible when you're finished with work can you post here the answers to her questions please? Since I would be interested to know as well. Thanks!

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 3:40 pm
does Even yisroel have the same type of parent body as Orchos Chaim, Ohr Yehuda and Rabbi Censor's yeshiva? Or it's more Yeshivish? Also which of these yeshivas do Yiddish teitching? Thanks.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 3:49 pm
I find the parent bodies to be similar. The people I know who send to Even Yisrael could have easily fit into any of the schools you listed.

Mommy1!

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 6:30 pm
Mommy1! wrote:

I actually send my boys to Toras Aron and am happy there but many of my friends send to Shagas Aryeh. The school is well run and organized and they have no complaints. It's more yeshivish than, for example, tashbar. Since I don't send there I can't answer specific questions. The main point of my post is that in Lakewood you can't just expect to apply to a school and get in because you are a nice family. I've lived both oot & in Brooklyn and someone not from lkwd can't understand the craziness involved in getting into a school here. On a side note, I also have friends who send to tashbar - it's on the less yeshivish side for lakewood (which is not necessarily a bad thing) and they are happy there.

Best of luck in your hunting and applications! (Glad I'm done with it!)

DVOM

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 8:36 pm
I get the shivers thinking about the year we sent getting my oldest son into school... I'm not originally from Lakewood, and I had no clue what I was in for. Good luck with whatever school you send to OP! The advice I got when applying was to send applications to at least five schools, including one 'safety' school that might be easier to get into (new schools can be easier to get into).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics