Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Niece/nephew wedding & maternity
1  2  Next

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 1:52 pm
Trying to find something for a niece/nephew's wedding, but also need it to be maternity. Real maternity is out of my price range. I'm trying to decide between the following for a late summer wedding

http://daintyjewells.com/engli.....eige/

http://daintyjewells.com/paris.....each/

family chose blue color thus, I saw this:
https://www.amazon.com/Jessica.....women
or is it too much?

Miri7

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 2:25 pm
Would this work with a shell underneath?
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/in.....0NAVY

It's maternity but in the same price range as the other dresses you picked.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 2:43 pm
I loved the first two, not sure how the last one would fit over a baby bump.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 2:56 pm
Unless its very early on, the baby bump will make the dress shorter in the front, and just lay entirely wrong.

There are plenty of maternity dresses in the price range of the dresses you posted. Try ASOS, for example.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 3:55 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Unless its very early on, the baby bump will make the dress shorter in the front, and just lay entirely wrong.

There are plenty of maternity dresses in the price range of the dresses you posted. Try ASOS, for example.

So I don't love the nordstrom and asos dresses, but I will consider them. The Amazon one I actually ordered thanks to Prime day and tried on--It fits, but I wonder if its "too much" for the wedding. Should shorten it?

I have another alternative as well its another floor-length dress that I know would work for maternity, but I dont' love it for a summer (though its late summer) wedding. Looks something like this.

I do have another wedding sometime in October when I will be much closer to my due date, so I would consider something that I could wear to both.

cip

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 7:15 pm
http://www.pinkblushmaternity......tID=1

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 10:28 am
cip wrote:
http://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/p-20590-blue-lace-maternity-dress.aspx?DepartmentID=1

Thanks, but I think that dress won't look good on me and be tznius.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 9:13 pm
Any thoughts on the blue vs the black/gold dress? The blue one I paid $100 for and it may need alterations and the black/gold might just need a shell. Are they too much for a nephew's wedding? Is it worth it to go to a gemach? Why is it so difficult to find a maternity wedding outfit?

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 1:53 pm
Any thoughts on the following dresses:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Option 4

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 11:18 am
Nobody? Its like I can't beat the prices at AliExpress--any reason not to go with one of them that I should know about?

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 11:26 am
amother wrote:
Nobody? Its like I can't beat the prices at AliExpress--any reason not to go with one of them that I should know about?

You need to be very careful about what sellers you use on Aliexpress. AIUI, many are fine. Many are ... not.

https://www.findpare.com/blog/.....posed

A friend ordered a dress that was an absolute disaster. Others have been luckier.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 11:53 am
So just to clarify, you are looking for a gown to wear? In my circles only immediate family does. But if so davids bridal has a maternity line, and I know people have built on sleeves using jackets or wraps. Or you could wear a shell.

Otherwise check out pea in the pod or Nordstrom maternity. That black and gold dress was very winters IMO.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 11:57 am
dancingqueen wrote:
So just to clarify, you are looking for a gown to wear? In my circles only immediate family does. But if so davids bridal has a maternity line, and I know people have built on sleeves using jackets or wraps. Or you could wear a shell.

Otherwise check out pea in the pod or Nordstrom maternity. That black and gold dress was very winters IMO.

So I'm not trying to wear a gown to my nephew's wedding but it seems that everything in my price-range is a gown--I'm not interested in spending $400 on a "maternity wedding outfit" from a frum store that I'd wear once. My niece I would consider a "gown--much closer kind of like sisters and those who know us would "get it." If I hear of "close friends" wearing gowns to weddings, then why not me?

Everything I'm seeing on Pea in the Pod or other maternity store is very casual--maybe I'd wear it on Shabbos, not to a wedding and certainly not a family wedding.
So the black/gold needs a shell and to make it summerier I would get a pink/blush colored shell to bring out the rose-gold more.

For my nephew's sister I did wear something floor-length, for a different nephew I wore a custom-made tea-length from light in the box. At Pea in the Pod the only thing remotely that I would wear to a wedding is almost $200 and needs a shell. I don't think anyone would object if I opted to spend less than that even if it looks more "gowny"--I think at this point "beggers cant be choosers"--If anyone can suggest anything less I wouldn't mind.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 11:58 am
It's your niece wedding, honestly many people may not even know who you are. Wear what fits.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 12:18 pm
Ruchel wrote:
It's your niece wedding, honestly many people may not even know who you are. Wear what fits.

For my niece, most people know "who I am" I'm very close with her. I go to my sister every pesach, and when I was single sukkos as well. I know my brother-in-law's family and extended family very well too. I don't think anyone would even think twice.

my nephew, I'm a bit less close, though I'm not "unknown". I have NO problem wearing something tea-length, just not finding anything that's not more expensive than what I'm finding "gown-wise"

My regular maternity wedding dress is black, and I don't love it. I don't think I should wear my "Regular black" to a family wedding.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 12:43 pm
amother wrote:
So I'm not trying to wear a gown to my nephew's wedding but it seems that everything in my price-range is a gown--I'm not interested in spending $400 on a "maternity wedding outfit" from a frum store that I'd wear once. My niece I would consider a "gown--much closer kind of like sisters and those who know us would "get it." If I hear of "close friends" wearing gowns to weddings, then why not me?

Everything I'm seeing on Pea in the Pod or other maternity store is very casual--maybe I'd wear it on Shabbos, not to a wedding and certainly not a family wedding.
So the black/gold needs a shell and to make it summerier I would get a pink/blush colored shell to bring out the rose-gold more.

For my nephew's sister I did wear something floor-length, for a different nephew I wore a custom-made tea-length from light in the box. At Pea in the Pod the only thing remotely that I would wear to a wedding is almost $200 and needs a shell. I don't think anyone would object if I opted to spend less than that even if it looks more "gowny"--I think at this point "beggers cant be choosers"--If anyone can suggest anything less I wouldn't mind.

I agree about pea in the pod, though I did get a nice dress there that I didn't see online to wear to my cousins wedding this summer.

Did you look at nordstrom or davids bridal?

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 12:45 pm
Honestly this is probably the "closest thing" I would wear in reality to my nephew's wedding, but I dont' know what to do with the boat-neck and my size is no longer available.

http://us.asos.com/asos-matern.....=1023

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 1:57 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
I agree about pea in the pod, though I did get a nice dress there that I didn't see online to wear to my cousins wedding this summer.

Did you look at nordstrom or davids bridal?

Nordstrom everything is expensive. David's bridal--online had ONE maternity dress that was white and nothing special.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 2:38 pm
I've worned a regular "nice" outfit to a family wedding, dressed up with jewelry.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 2:48 pm
amother wrote:
Nordstrom everything is expensive. David's bridal--online had ONE maternity dress that was white and nothing special.

Nordstrom has a large number of dresses in the same price range as the first dresses you posted.

David's Bridals also has several dresses

http://www.davidsbridal.com/br.....s#dbi
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics