Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Some great, Jewish summer reading for Imamothers

Yael

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 6:29 am
On these long, summer shabboses, even the busiest ‘imamother’ usually has at least five minutes when they can take a break and pick up a book.

We’re not looking for something too heavy… or too intellectual… or too long…

Just something that will raise our spirits, inspire us to keep going through the tough times, maybe make us giggle, and to reassure us that we aren’t the only ones who have teenagers who want to dye their hair blue…

Welcome to:

The Secret Diary of a Jewish Housewife!

Here’s what other real, frum Jewish women have been saying about it:

1. - Dassie: “Rivka comes off as a quirky & compelling Everywoman, but with the caveat that she's able to dig down much deeper than these diaries ever go...and still remain engaging & readable….Regardless of who you are, this book offers a lot to laugh about, read about, and think about.”

2. M: “I am so glad I invested in this book it answered many questions I have about myself, and shows me how to live this precious life that Hashem has blessed me with. It helps remind me to cling to Hashem even when things aren't going as planned.”

3. Angela: “Loved the "realness" of the book...it inspired us to keep on going even when we feel like we're not successful at most of what we're trying to do...*:-)”

4: Evey: “There are just so many excellent points in this book and it has made a tremendously huge impact on how I live my life on a day to day basis. The author's raw honesty woke a part of me that had been sleeping for many years unbeknownst to myself and I like to consider myself a mindful conscious person. After reading this book I was able to take a very deep exhale.

“I have more compassion for myself, less critical of myself. I am doing my best in this world by being truthfully honest of where I am holding in my Judaism and that the small steps done with heart allows one to climb up that spiritual ladder. We women have been way too harsh on ourselves and each other and I felt Rivka just took the pressure valve off by opening herself to her own inner conflicts that I can totally relate to. Thank you Rivka Levy! This book came to me at the right time in my life.”

5. Gavriela: “It is so refreshing to read a book by someone grounded in reality, who is not lecturing, but rather is opening a window into her soul's journey. The Secret Diary of a Jewish Housewife offers something for everyone and I highly recommend it.”

6. Galia: “Rivka brings to life the real dilemmas and challenges to be faced in 21st Century Jewish observant family life…Absorbing, easy to read, engaging and highly recommended.”

Come join The Secret Diary of a Jewish Housewife conversation!

You can buy the book HERE on Amazon, paperback: $12.99, Kindle e-book just: $3.99.

OR - order the paperback HERE on The Book Depository and get free postage.

AND WHILE WE’RE TALKING ABOUT GOOD JEWISH BOOKS….

You might want to also check out these other books by Rivka Levy:

TALK TO GOD AND FIX YOUR HEALTH:

The real reasons why we get sick, and how to stay healthy

HOW THIS BOOK CAN HELP YOU:

This book takes the guesswork out of ill-health by spelling out how body, mind and soul are connected, and explaining which physical illnesses are connected to which mental and emotional issues.

It can help you to figure out the real root causes of WHY you're getting sick, and WHAT to really need do to stay healthy and happy - without medication or invasive surgery.

Order the paperback ($19.99) or Kindle e-book (just $3.99) on Amazon HERE.

Or order the paperback on The Book Depository HERE, and get free postage.

WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT IT:

“I have been personally challenged by bouts of anxiety and depression over the years and have tried various remedies, such as acupuncture, yoga, reflexology, herbs, vitamins, as well as so called conventional medicinal cures ie anti-depressants.

I have also read many books on anxiety and depression which have swamped the market. Rivka's book is totally unique in this area, as she not only provides a simple and clear guide to natural healing methods, but also places the idea of the Creator as being central to the healing process, which most other self healing books ignore!

…This book is must for those who have looked for solutions to health problems and haven't yet found them. This book is basically a life changer!”

THE HAPPY WORKSHOP:

An eight week journey to real, lasting happiness

HOW THIS BOOK CAN HELP YOU:

Before you can really get happy, you first have to figure out what's making you sad. 

The Happy Workshop sets out an 8 week program of easy, but powerfully-effective exercises that will help you to figure out what's bringing you down, and what's REALLY going to help you start loving your life again.

Also includes a special step-by-step guide on ‘how to do mind-maps’.

Order the paperback ($11.99) or Kindle e-book (just 0.99) on Amazon HERE.

49 DAYS: AN INTERACTIVE JOURNAL OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT

​HOW THIS BOOK CAN HELP YOU:

​49 Days is an interactive journal designed to help readers nurture their mindfulness, inner dimension and relationships. Over the course of seven weeks, readers are encouraged to focus on one area of inner work at a time, ranging from love and relationships, all the way through to self-improvement, truth and the spiritual dimension.
This uplifting book's vibrant water-color images and innovative design really brings each day's work to life.

Order the paperback on Amazon HERE.

Or, order the paperback on The Book Depository HERE and get free postage.

“The minute I saw the first pages, I was enchanted. First of all, I love immersing myself in the kaleidoscope of delicious color on nearly every page.
Secondly, the exercises are enjoyable and meaningful. There is also a really good balance, meaning that if one day's exercise demands more time and emotional investment, then the exercise of the next day or the one after is like a light breeze.
The author manages to combine heart-uplifting positivity with the kind of profound self-introspection that can lead to genuine self-improvement.”

THE HOW, WHAT AND WHY OF TALKING TO GOD

This an insider's guide to incorporating more practical spirituality in your everyday life.

If you want to know how you can tap into the power of talking to God to solve your problems, transform your life, and to wake up feeling a whole lot happier and optimistic in this morning, this pocket guide to Jewish meditation and mindfulness the orthodox Jewish way can show you how.

Order the paperback ($4.99) or Kindle e-book (just 0.99) on Amazon HERE.

“I've seen how talking to God in a meaningful way changes everything - literally. Things I just couldn't get to work out or situations that "experts" insist can't be changed or improved, actually did improve or even got resolved once I started talking to God regularly….I highly recommend this book for beginners, for the religious and spiritual seekers, and for the doubters.”

HOW YOUR EMOTIONS ARE MAKING YOU SICK

​​HOW IT CAN HELP YOU:

This book covers a lot of the same ground as 'Talk to God and Fix Your Health' - but leaves out most of the theory and just tells you straight which emotional states are connected to which physical illnesses. 

Simply look up your physical symptoms in the tables provided, and bingo! You'll find out what emotions are probably causing the problem, and how to start working with them.

Order the paperback ($7.99) or Kindle e-book ($1.99) on Amazon HERE.

“Wow, I wish I had read this book 20 years ago. I would have started to enjoy life so much earlier!...What is so unique about Rivka Levy's approach is that she doesn't want you to go search out energy healers and the like in your search for wellbeing. She wants you to be independent and believe that you can do so much for your own healing.

Levy encourages and guides you to get to the root of whatever is weakening your meridian (thus affecting your emotions and physical health). By doing the simple energy exercises she provides in the book together with her no-fail advice of connecting and talking to God about what's bothering you and strengthening the foundations of my own emotional health, I have slowly but surely started to experience healing on all levels from deep inside.

This book has helped me infinitely more than hours of therapy or doctors' visits. Warmly recommended!”

YOU CAN ALSO CHECK OUT MY BLOGS, FOR MORE INFO:

www.emunaroma.com - Where I write about Jewish woman stuff, with a Breslev twist
www.spiritualselfhelp.org - The ‘go-to’ website for God-based holistic health from an orthodox Jewish perspective.

I hope you enjoy the Summer, imamothers!

Sponsored Post
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics