Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What to do with 4 year old stuck home sick for several days?

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 10:40 am
My 4 year old dd has been stuck at home sick for a few days already. She's going crazy (as am I) - what can I do to keep her entertained?

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 2:16 pm
Play dough (make your own) baking if shes up to it. Or just buy a pack of plain cookies and let her ice them.
If she's good with scissors show her how to fold the paper and cut snowflakes...the open it up (this keeps mine busy for ages)
If u have internet can you set her up on a phonics website (educational) ?
She could make bday cards for next few coming up birthdays and put them in envelopes....assuming she enjoys colouring and artsy stuff.
Call a friend and swap books/toys or borrow.
Audios are fab at this age. Buy or borrow a CD player and stick it on her with headlines and an audiobook from library. (You can download too I just never got the hang of it).
She can play in the bath after choosing some stuff to take in - while you make your phone calls perched on the toilet seat! (plastic cups, spoons, measuring cups etc all go in with her)

Hope that helps a bit.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 3:58 pm
amother wrote:
Play dough (make your own) baking if shes up to it. Or just buy a pack of plain cookies and let her ice them.
If she's good with scissors show her how to fold the paper and cut snowflakes...the open it up (this keeps mine busy for ages)
If u have internet can you set her up on a phonics website (educational) ?
She could make bday cards for next few coming up birthdays and put them in envelopes....assuming she enjoys colouring and artsy stuff.
Call a friend and swap books/toys or borrow.
Audios are fab at this age. Buy or borrow a CD player and stick it on her with headlines and an audiobook from library. (You can download too I just never got the hang of it).
She can play in the bath after choosing some stuff to take in - while you make your phone calls perched on the toilet seat! (plastic cups, spoons, measuring cups etc all go in with her)

Hope that helps a bit.

Thank you!!

We did phonics/educational games on my phone (I have never let her play on my phone before, but I was desperate), as well as some regular coloring type arts and crafts. Audiobooks are good, that's always my husband's go-to in these situations, maybe I'll see if I can find some more.

Snowflakes and playdough are great ideas, I'll try them tomorrow. I'm hesitant to bake, as I don't want everyone else to get sick from eating her germ-filled cookies or have her eat a lot of cookies.

Bath idea was good too - I did the bath today with a water gun, bowl, toy animals, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics