Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Beware of baby nurses!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 12:37 pm
My grandmother told me that she nursed 2 other babies (not relatives) because the mothers couldn't and she had extra milk.

crust

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 12:39 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for the link. I did not realize this was ever an okay thing outside of life-saving necessity.

The other shock is that anyone was able to hire a maid to do this. I forget that not everyone grew up dirt poor like my grandparents in the shtetl.

She was paid with sleeping accommodations and food for herself, and her own baby which she usually had.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 1:49 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
Ok are you guys done now? Cuz this is totally not what this thread is about.

Of course it is. Its exactly what this thread is about. Its about people who are supposed to be medical professionals who allegedly violated their legal and ethical confidentiality obligations to spread rumors about a baby (whom we all pray recovers quickly) and a caretaker.

Its about how damaging lies spread quickly, and how they can damage a person's career and reputation.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 2:02 pm
amother wrote:
My grandmother told me that she nursed 2 other babies (not relatives) because the mothers couldn't and she had extra milk.

Wet nursing was quite common until after the 2nd WW here in the US. It allowed poor women to go to work. During WW2 it gave women the opportunity to work in the defense industry. Lack of milk wasn't the only reason for one to wet nurse.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 3:03 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Of course it is. Its exactly what this thread is about. Its about people who are supposed to be medical professionals who allegedly violated their legal and ethical confidentiality obligations to spread rumors about a baby (whom we all pray recovers quickly) and a caretaker.

Its about how damaging lies spread quickly, and how they can damage a person's career and reputation.
[quote
I just posted that fact to prove that all these rumors have no basis. There is no way someone in the office said the baby was there Sunday. Just because someone posts something doesn't mean it's true

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 3:37 pm
Based on a close family member - baby does not have any condition so must've been abused.
The nurse was not found.
Baby hopefully leaving the hospital sometime soon.

cnc

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 6:27 pm
amother wrote:
[quote
I just posted that fact to prove that all these rumors have no basis. There is no way someone in the office said the baby was there Sunday. Just because someone posts something doesn't mean it's true

Anonymous posts on the Internet don't prove anything. And then comes the post below yours.... at this point the thread is plain entertaining. Its a bunch of anonymous random yentas posting contradicting gossip.

PAMOM

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 8:19 pm
Does anyone have a link to a police blotter or news report (or even a synagogue statement )?

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 8:29 pm
DD is a neighbor and says the FBI & CPS were swarming as of Monday. And it seems pretty clear there is no brittle bone disease, from what she heard. No HIPAA, she is no professional.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 9:25 pm
Interesting that CPS was there. It sounds like a thorough investigation. What about the most important question: how's the baby?

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 10:23 pm
Reporting my own post so that this thread gets locked (hopefully).
Lessons learned:
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
Vet your child care providers carefully.
We are talking about a real baby and real family and real employee. Does anyone enjoy being the object of strangers' speculation?
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics