Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Beware of baby nurses!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

mha3484

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 11:28 am
My first job was working for an attorney that had a very specific niche so she had a lot of frum clients. If I saw anyone on the street I didn't say a word unless someone approached me. It was extremely awkward to know everyone's personal business.

mommish613

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 11:29 am
MrsDash wrote:
HIPAA, anyone?

ETA - I will be calling Dr Shanik's office in the morning to confirm whether or not this breach of privacy occurred.

Did you call? Curious to know how it played out

petiteruchy

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 12:05 pm
I still don't understand why it is ok for an amother to post unsubstantiated gossip, about a baby, no less.

I mean, the Lakewood arrests thread was bad enough with all the anonymous back and forth, but this is really beyond the pale.

Also, that nanny teaching jewish children religious prayers is a total urban legend and also nonsensical. There is no way that has ever happened. I mean, there are bad nannies. And anyone who is with your children for that amount of time per day should have values and habits that don't directly conflict with yours, but the evil nanny running around forcing your children to pray on their knees does not exist... anymore than the evil jew with horns under his kippah. Please get out of the middle ages.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 12:09 pm
1. Many times "brittle bones" is not diagnosed until something like this happens, and there are concerns of abuse or neglect.
2. A baby nurse is a person (why would she not be a certified nurse?) who comes to help with the baby during the day and/or at night.
3. My sister in law works for Dr. Shanik. I texted her yesterday, after I got the text. She said the baby was brought in on Sunday. That was all she said. I can't imagine anyone who works for him will have a job much longer if they are giving out more info than that.

self-actualization

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 12:13 pm
I have a friend who grew up in New Jersey whose live in nanny told her that she will go to H-ll if she doesn't believe in J-sus. My friend was terrified for quite a while (years?) but then asked her mother who clarified things for her. In the end my friend turned out great and is married to a local rabbi and has a beautiful family. But it's not an urban legend!!

petiteruchy

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 12:20 pm
self-actualization wrote:
I have a friend who grew up in New Jersey whose live in nanny told her that she will go to H-ll if she doesn't believe in J-sus. My friend was terrified for quite a while (years?) but then asked her mother who clarified things for her. In the end my friend turned out great and is married to a local rabbi and has a beautiful family. But it's not an urban legend!!

sure, like I said, there are valid reasons to get nannies that share your religious values. and there are nannies that aren't good. but the story as told, no. and also, if a one off comment from a nanny is enough to destroy your entire belief system (again, as told by the amother) then the fault is not really with the nanny... ie. OF COURSE your friend turned out fine. children often overhear or are told things by other children or adults that confuse them or that are incorrect... it's kind of common. there's no reason why that should destroy your friend's future!!

sequoia

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 12:24 pm
Interestingly, "The Road Runs into the Distance," which takes place in turn of the century Vilna, opens with exactly this scene: the gоyishe governess making the main character kneel and pray to Haysus. Her parents get rid of her pretty fast Smile

I think this was and is a concern of all Jewish parents, including secular ones, when they hire someone to look after their kids.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 12:57 pm
Culturedpearls wrote:
Not in US. But I have friends & family in US & never heard of such practice.
Don't mothers in Lakewood nurse their babies? I get a babysitter to help with older kids when there's a newborn but a baby nurse? How do people even afford that.

It was a gift from our parents. It cost about $500-600 a week.
The nurse took care of the baby all day and night unless I wanted to, she woke me at night to nurse the baby ( ori pumped milk and she bottle fed).

WhatFor

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 1:00 pm
So will the title of this thread be changed to beware of brittle bones conditions?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 1:29 pm
WhatFor wrote:
So will the title of this thread be changed to beware of brittle bones conditions?

What, and ruin 5 pages of g*yte bashing? You'd ruin everybody's fun!

/sarcasm Rolling Eyes

My parents are Xian. I'd let them watch DS before I would let Plonit Chilonit down the street.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 1:51 pm
amother wrote:
CHOP stands for childrens hospital of Pennsylvania.

Actually, it stands for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 1:53 pm
http://www.denverpost.com/2012.....ound/

Just putting this out there....

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 3:35 pm
petiteruchy wrote:
I still don't understand why it is ok for an amother to post unsubstantiated gossip, about a baby, no less.

I mean, the Lakewood arrests thread was bad enough with all the anonymous back and forth, but this is really beyond the pale.

Also, that nanny teaching jewish children religious prayers is a total urban legend and also nonsensical. There is no way that has ever happened. I mean, there are bad nannies. And anyone who is with your children for that amount of time per day should have values and habits that don't directly conflict with yours, but the evil nanny running around forcing your children to pray on their knees does not exist... anymore than the evil jew with horns under his kippah. Please get out of the middle ages.

"petiteruchy" -
The lakewood arrests is also totally not true - it was a warped evil invention of the media to point anti-semitic fingers at the Jewish community!!! shows how the media exaggerate.

crust

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 4:04 pm
amother wrote:
http://www.denverpost.com/2012/03/31/mistaken-allegations-of-child-abuse-lead-to-murder-suicide-before-babys-rare-genetic-disorder-found/

Just putting this out there....

This article is so sad.
Can anyone make sure this nurse is spoken to, explained, apologized to, given a hefty gift for the lible?
If its true thar she was acused in first place, then, Those people who spread the rumors, are responsible to make sure she gets what she says she needs in order to forgive.

Orchid

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 10:55 pm
There is a Jodi Piccoult book about this. A kid had this syndrome and the parents were accused of child abuse (the main point of the book, actually, is that they sued their OB for not diagnosing it in utero)....ahem, anyway. Carry on.

real

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 11:14 pm
I just finished that book and can't stop thinking about it. It is so strange to hear about this in the jewish world also.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 3:57 am
petiteruchy wrote:
sure, like I said, there are valid reasons to get nannies that share your religious values. and there are nannies that aren't good. but the story as told, no. and also, if a one off comment from a nanny is enough to destroy your entire belief system (again, as told by the amother) then the fault is not really with the nanny... ie. OF COURSE your friend turned out fine. children often overhear or are told things by other children or adults that confuse them or that are incorrect... it's kind of common. there's no reason why that should destroy your friend's future!!

"petiteruchy" since you are so worked up about my posting the true event about the nannies (read n-a-n-n-I-e-S, not nanny) who were teaching non-Jewish religion, prayers and religious symbols, Hashem Yerachem, to young frum Jewish kids - children of neighbors of mine - meaning they lived on the street that I did, so I know these people, and to children of acquaintances of mine who lived on neighboring streets: I suggest you go back and reread my initial post on the event, when you are calm and levelheaded and able to read clearly without a biased opinion, and you will see that what you wrote above in your post, is NOT what I wrote in my initial post.
You twisted my words and improvised words that I did not write, and added false info.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 4:45 am
eema of 3 wrote:

3. My sister in law works for Dr. Shanik. I texted her yesterday, after I got the text. She said the baby was brought in on Sunday. That was all she said. I can't imagine anyone who works for him will have a job much longer if they are giving out more info than that.

I hate to break it to you, but your SIL shouldn't be giving ANY information out about patients, including merely confirming that someone is a patient.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 5:41 am
I work in a drs office. And sis in law was out of line, as amother above has mentioned. I do not say anything about anyone ever, as benign and harmless as it might seem at the moment. Perfect example is sis in law tells someone on ima mother, who tells every one on this site. And next thing u know she loses her job cz someone calls office next day screaming hippa.
Don't know if she lost her job (hope she didn't), but let's hope she got scared enough not to repeat 'little' personal tidbits to anyone, even only in a text to a sis in law who I'm sure she thought would remain between the 2 of them.

The fact that it was a horrible unfounded accusation about the nurse is a whole other mess.

Less said , the better.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 7:29 am
amother wrote:
I hate to break it to you, but your SIL shouldn't be giving ANY information out about patients, including merely confirming that someone is a patient.

She did not confirm that the baby was a patient of dr shanik s, nor did I ask. All I asked is if the story was true and she said it happened on Sunday.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics