Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Wisk Detergent Discontinued
1  2  Next

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 1:57 pm
It seems that my favorite detergent, Wisk, has been discontinued.
I'm looking for other options. I loved its cleaning power and its scent. I don't like the way my clothes smell with Tide and find that it's also too hard on the clothes (fading).
Any recommendations for another detergent?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 1:58 pm
I like All powder.

crust

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 1:59 pm
All liquid although the scent is never the same.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 2:02 pm
Thanks both of you! I'll try some All liquid (I don't like powders).
More ideas welcome too. Much appreciated!

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 2:09 pm
Wisk is being replaced by Percil, so you might want to try that.

nursemomma

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 2:09 pm
Missing my wisk here too Sad

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 2:25 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Wisk is being replaced by Percil, so you might want to try that.

Thanks for that information! I will definitely look out for that!

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Sep 05 2018, 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

bsy

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 3:31 pm
I buy purex when it's on sale at cvs. It's usually 2 dollars for 50 oz or so. Or buy one get one free.

allcuteonesrtak

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 4:46 pm
I thought BJs stopped carrying them. I'd didnt know it was discontinued Sad

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 4:52 pm
Aaaah! I loved Wisk. I haven't used it in years due to my one eczema-prone child, but I'm sorry it's been discontinued.

I use All Free and Clear these days. I used to use Melaleuca detergent, which also had a very nice scent, but I stopped my membership since it was really costly to maintain.

Ahuva

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 5:01 pm
I like Arm and hammer

sunshine5

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 6:16 pm
Ahuva wrote:
I like Arm and hammer

Me too. Arm and Hammer liquid with oxi. . Washes well, fresh smell and very economical...

mha3484

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 6:41 pm
I like 7th generation or all free and clear. Some of us have skin issues and I don't like doing a separate load of baby laundry.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 6:54 pm
I use All Free and Clear.

Just want to issue a word of warning about bargain detergents:
People sometimes get excited to see cheap detergents and then they buy it and bring it home...
And then people in their family start developing rashes...

Detergent is one thing it pays to spend on. There are several bargain detergents that are such strong chemicals that they eat away at skin.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 10:23 am
sunshine5 wrote:
Me too. Arm and Hammer liquid with oxi. . Washes well, fresh smell and very economical...

same here! I switch around between a&h a&h with oxi and yellow (bottle) tide.
I'm nervous to use the a&h with oxi on dark clothes- those who use- do you find it fades clothes?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 3:14 pm
Update: I used Percil for a few washes and the clothes smell faintly like... mouthwash. It does seem to wash similarly to Wisk though.
I will keep trying out different brands and decide if I should keep using the Percil or not.

How I wish I would have known that Wisk was going to be discontinued! I would have bought all the stock at the supermarket and at least try to push off the inevitable for another year. Smile

crust

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 3:23 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Update: I used Percil for a few washes and the clothes smell faintly like... mouthwash. It does seem to wash similarly to Wisk though.
I will keep trying out different brands and decide if I should keep using the Percil or not.

How I wish I would have known that Wisk was going to be discontinued! I would have bought all the stock at the supermarket and at least try to push off the inevitable for another year. Smile

I'm happy you got enough storage space. At least you have something going for you. Wink

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 3:25 pm
crust wrote:
I'm happy you got enough storage space. At least you have something going for you. Wink

Lol. I'm buying small bottles. We'll manage to use them up or pass them on.
The bottle of Percil is for 20 loads and I already did 3. There'll be many more loads tonight before I manage to go out and buy a new bottle of detergent to try.

ETA: Oh, you mean the years worth of Wisk I'm wishing for? Lol. For something so important I would have messed up the closets and stuck them in all the little spaces. Wink

crust

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 3:38 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Oh, you mean the years worth of Wisk I'm wishing for? Lol. For something so important I would have messed up the closets and stuck them in all the little spaces. Wink

Yes. That's what I meant.
If I would do this in my house, (stuck Wisk in all the little spaces), I think I wouldn't need to invest in detergent alltogether....Everything would've been presoaked. LOL

bargainlover

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 3:58 pm
I recently discovered purex in walmart. It comes with clorox color safe stain remover in it. It's great and works very well. We'll priced too!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics