Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Organizing / Hoarder Treatment Chessed Service

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 6:59 pm
I'm involved with a family that unfortunately is living in a dysfunctional state, with both parents hoarding and stashing messes to the extent that their home is a fire and safety hazard.

I seem to recall that there is a chessed organization that assists with these situations, either with guidance, an actual cleaning service, or both.

Does anyone have any leads?

I'd also consider a paid service if they have a reasonable pricing model or financing option.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 8:48 pm
location Wink
I believe I've posted this before. There is a lady in brooklyn who is a therapist and an organizer. I know someone who personally used her and supposedly she was very helpful but the person needs to want to be helped. The person I know lives with someone else who is also a hoarder but they weren't ready to use her so they didn't...
I think the lady is on maternity leave now though

out-of-towner

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 8:53 pm
If it is a safety issue and you are in NY, why not call Ohel and see if they can be of help?

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 9:15 pm
Location is in NY - that's why I posted this in NY related inquiries.

There are no young children at home, which is why Ohel doesn't seem like the best fit.

I'm almost sure there's a gemach for this, but perhaps it's just wishful thinking Sad.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 9:16 pm
amother wrote:
location Wink
I believe I've posted this before. There is a lady in brooklyn who is a therapist and an organizer. I know someone who personally used her and supposedly she was very helpful but the person needs to want to be helped. The person I know lives with someone else who is also a hoarder but they weren't ready to use her so they didn't...
I think the lady is on maternity leave now though

Would love to have a name! Even if she's not available immediately, this seems like a good resource for them. They've waited decades, another few weeks won't be a dealbreaker...

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 9:18 pm
http://www.theorganizingdoc.com/

Seriously

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 11:24 pm
I've heard of church groups doing this...

crystal

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 4:45 am
Do they want help? I've been involved in cleaning out a home like this. My sisters and I were so committed to this and over a few weeks got the house in order. Within a few weeks it was back to square one. And this is after the woman stated she wants to get organized she just doesn't know how. But it's an illness, real dysfunction that you can't just wish away. I've since heard that there's a 12 step program, I think clutterer's anonymous or something similar. I believe that's the only approach that can be really effective.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries