Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
7 yo DD, been to the drs- all say nothing
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 11:02 am
Is it possible that she has been s-xually abused? Discomfort or greater sensitivity in a child's private areas can be a warning sign that something has happened or is still happening.

mammala120

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 8:17 pm
Can you give us rundown of your dtrs typical diet What does she eat for breakfast lunch dinner snacks. Including shabbos food. Does she eat beans, processed meats such as hotdogs and cold cuts. How about cereals. Is she on any vitamins? Looking at what goes into her mouth will determine the cause of her problem.

mammala120

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 8:20 pm
Forgot to add: have you thought about the fact that she might be reacting to environmental allergen such as laundry detergent or soaps and shampoos you using on her. Switch to non allergenic fragrance free items and see if it helps

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 9:44 pm
mammala120 wrote:
Can you give us rundown of your dtrs typical diet What does she eat for breakfast lunch dinner snacks. Including shabbos food. Does she eat beans, processed meats such as hotdogs and cold cuts. How about cereals. Is she on any vitamins? Looking at what goes into her mouth will determine the cause of her problem.

She usually eats raw oatmeal with almond milk with some nesquik sprinkled on top for breakfast. Occasionally kix or the like. Lunch is at school, she usually only eats the cheesy lunches, fish sticks, chicken nuggets sometimes. Snack is usually pretzels or the like. Nosh, but not sugary or crazy unhealthy. Supper, again mostly the cheesy suppers, she will sometimes eat chicken dipped in honey. Potatoes sometimes. Occasional fruit or vegetable. Probably doesn't drink enough, but usually drinks a cup of water before bed and in middle of night. Tried to cut that out, but wasn't worth it.
No hot dogs or deli or any red food coloring. The occasional candy, but that's more recent in the past year or so.
Did that cover everything?

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 9:47 pm
mammala120 wrote:
Forgot to add: have you thought about the fact that she might be reacting to environmental allergen such as laundry detergent or soaps and shampoos you using on her. Switch to non allergenic fragrance free items and see if it helps

She was tested for all allergens. But in any case I do use dye and fragrance free detergent. She uses dove bar soap, as per gynecologist. I do wash her hair with whatever I have, though. But I didn't always, and haven't found a difference.
Oh, and she takes vitamins, probiotics, vitamin d and Omega 3.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 1:11 am
Agree with amother vermillion. Read Drs. Lonnie and Paul Zeltzer's book. Their treatments can be life changing for kids like your dd.

mammala120

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 1:04 pm
amother wrote:
She usually eats raw oatmeal with almond milk with some nesquik sprinkled on top for breakfast. Occasionally kix or the like. Lunch is at school, she usually only eats the cheesy lunches, fish sticks, chicken nuggets sometimes. Snack is usually pretzels or the like. Nosh, but not sugary or crazy unhealthy. Supper, again mostly the cheesy suppers, she will sometimes eat chicken dipped in honey. Potatoes sometimes. Occasional fruit or vegetable. Probably doesn't drink enough, but usually drinks a cup of water before bed and in middle of night. Tried to cut that out, but wasn't worth it.
No hot dogs or deli or any red food coloring. The occasional candy, but that's more recent in the past year or so.
Did that cover everything?

Ok so let's take it from top. Raw oatmeal is very hard and undigestable. I would replace raw oatmeal for sure nesquick?
Is that the chocolate/coffe/or cocoa type of thing syrup? Not advisable for child with stomach issues. Caffeine intolerance does present itself as stomach issues and headaches.

My advice for breakfast is old fashioned hard/ soft boiled eggs, left over kugel, egg toast, low sugar yogurt, cream cheese with tomatoes, Avocado, humus,

She needs to eat healthy homemade chicken soup with tiny cut up veggies. Bone broth is very healing for intestinal lining. In my house I make it at least 2-3 times per week.

Now most vitamins are synthetic and cause more harm then good. What brand do you use. Fish oil is problem of its own. It might be oxidized before it even reaches the bottle. I would be very careful with supplements for kids I am speaking from personal bad experience with supplementing.

Feel free to ask any questions so we can explore and cure the root of this problem

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 2:38 pm
[quote="mammala120"]Ok so let's take it from top. Raw oatmeal is very hard and undigestable. I would replace raw oatmeal for sure nesquick?
Is that the chocolate/coffe/or cocoa type of thing syrup? Not advisable for child with stomach issues. Caffeine intolerance does present itself as stomach issues and headaches.

My advice for breakfast is old fashioned hard/ soft boiled eggs, left over kugel, egg toast, low sugar yogurt, cream cheese with tomatoes, Avocado, humus,

She needs to eat healthy homemade chicken soup with tiny cut up veggies. Bone broth is very healing for intestinal lining. In my house I make it at least 2-3 times per week.

Now most vitamins are synthetic and cause more harm then good. What brand do you use. Fish oil is problem of its own. It might be oxidized before it even reaches the bottle. I would be very careful with supplements for kids I am speaking from personal bad experience with supplementing.

Feel free to ask any questions so we can explore and cure the root of this problem[/quote]

I can't really type out a reply right now, but I would like to later. I'm just curious what is your profession?

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 8:48 pm
Sounds like it may be parasites, yeast overgrowth, PANS, or all of the above.

Parasites are tested for by 3 day stool tests, but they are notoriously inaccurate. Another way to test for them indirectly is by looking at IgE levels, as IgE antibodies is the body's response to parasitic infections, but not everyone's body responds this way, especially if the infections is localized in say, the gut. Btw, parasites can travel up to the urethra and cause chronic UTIs that way. There are more sensitive stool tests with more accurate results but they are not covered by insurance. If your kid's symptoms flare with full moon this can point to parasites, as their cycle of laying eggs and hatching coincides with the full moon. Parasites are hard to treat, the goal is to get them out of the body whole, which can be hard, because if you kill them in the body they can be hard to move. Diatomaceous Earth is often mentioned, but turns out it's not the greatest treatment because it can literally cut up your gut. Best to make your body inhospitable to them by cutting out sugar completely. There are herbals that can help, black walnut oil is one of them. You can look into humaworm too.

Yeast overgrowth -- google symptoms of candida overgrowth and see if any match, a big one is craving for sugar and carbs -- never feeling full. But anxiety, hyperactivity, fatigue and brain fog are on the list too. The discomfort in the privates can point to this too. You don't always necessarily see the yeast anywhere. OAT test is the way to test for this, it tests for byproducts of different organisms in urine and compares ratios to see how the different types of organisms in the body compare and if there is an imbalance of a specific type. Treatment -- low sugar, low carb diet. Monolaurin as a supplement, grapefruit seed extract. Prescription drug nystatin does a good job too. Saccharomyces boulardii is a good yeast strain that is supposed to push out the bad strains.

PANS -- unresolved chronic low level infections wreaking havoc with the gut, immune system and nervous system. Google for symptoms, many seem to match your kid. Most common culprits are lyme, mycoplasma pneumonia, strep, EBV, CMV, coxsakie. You can ask for blood titers on each one of these (for strep there's ASO, anti-DNASE b, and streptozyme). The level of her antibodies against each one of these pathogens can give you a clue as to what's going on inside. Standard lyme tests have a HUGE rate of false negatives and are highly unreliable. Treatment usually consists of antibiotics/antivirals/anti-fungals as necessary, and then rehabilitating the gut.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics