Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Degree?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 1:49 am
Never planned on getting a degree, have some credits from seminary, and now need to get (eventually) a masters degree in education. Can anyone guide me through the process? I've been teaching for five years, and plan to continue to work. I live in Brooklyn.. would like to get this done fast and cheap, if that even exists.. I have so many questions and don't even know where to start..

watergirl

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 7:31 am
Dont do it fast and cheap. Do it right. Esp if you need a masters. Look into CUNY. They have online options to get credits done. Online courses are every bit as intense as real life classes, the benefit being that you can do it at night after kids are sleeping. But its still a semester and you still have weekly assignments.

To help with the cost, dont do an expensive online only program. CUNY is a state university and there are many grants available to you. Thats the cheapest way.

I know its hard but its very doable. I quit college when I was 20 (2 years done, which was 70 credits) and expecting my first. It was a massive mistake. I went back at 33. I did almost full time, 3-4 courses a semester. It took me 2 more years to finish with my BA (120 credits). Some classes were online, some in an actual classroom. You can do it!!

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 10:30 am
You can either do it fast or cheap, not both.

Do you qualify for financial aid? In NY state, every resident can get a bachelor's degree for free at SUNY and CUNY colleges with the excelsior scholarship.

CUNY SPS has online degrees. Contact them about your existing credits.

Touro University Worldwide has somewhat accelerated programs but they are based in California so they only accept federal aid.

The religious programs may be worth looking into Sarah Schenirer, TTI, but from my research they are more expensive than CUNY.

Good luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics