Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Ketogenic diet and 9 days
Previous  1  2

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 10:46 am
cbg wrote:
Busy in Brooklyn has a great recipe for mini stuffed peppers with cottage cheese. Tried it on Pesach it was really really good.

If you need recipes let me know I have tons of links.

Assuming it's not just putting cottage cheese into peppers, what's the recipe for mini stuffed peppers with cottage cheese, please?

cbg

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 12:50 pm
Here's the pepper recipe
http://www.busyinbrooklyn.com/.....pers/

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 2:59 pm
amother wrote:
I'm on a keto diet (very low carb, high protein). I am allergic to fish. I usually eat at least 1 fleishig meal a day. Am just going to have to live off eggs this week? I can have beans but there's a limit because of the starch. Need ideas!

I'm in the same boat. Well, I can have fish, so not exactly the same boat. But I don't relish the idea of eating a ton of fish. And I don't do well overdoing the dairy. I am planning on a lot of salads with seeds and nuts and avocado, a lot of veggies sauteed in butter, lots of soups with beans used very sparingly.... It's just a few days. I think I'll survive it.

cbg

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 5:12 pm
Never heard you can have beans on a ketogenic diet. A spoonful of beans would take me out of ketosis. Are you keto-adapted? If not, you might want to wait till after the 9 days.

Can you have tofu? A nice stir fry with tofu
Pad Thai with zucchini noodles doesn't have dairy
I posted a falafel recipe here
Flaxseed wraps, breads, muffins, are not so hard to make.
You can make keto pancakes and serve them with scrambled eggs.
Not all vegan food is high carb.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 5:26 pm
cbg wrote:
Never heard you can have beans on a ketogenic diet. A spoonful of beans would take me out of ketosis. Are you keto-adapted? If not, you might want to wait till after the 9 days.

Can you have tofu? A nice stir fry with tofu
Pad Thai with zucchini noodles doesn't have dairy
I posted a falafel recipe here
Flaxseed wraps, breads, muffins, are not so hard to make.
You can make keto pancakes and serve them with scrambled eggs.
Not all vegan food is high carb.

I was told I can have limited amount of beans- like throw them in a salad to make it more filling, but definitely not as a main dish. Can you share some of the pancake and muffin recipes? I'm still pretty new to this.

cbg

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 6:16 pm
amother wrote:
I was told I can have limited amount of beans- like throw them in a salad to make it more filling, but definitely not as a main dish. Can you share some of the pancake and muffin recipes? I'm still pretty new to this.

Flaxseed bread/wraps/rolls/muffins, all use the same recipe.
Can be made in the microwave or oven. If I make single serving I make it in the microwave. For the wraps I use a piece of parchment paper.
Can be made savory or sweet, just switch out the spices for stevia and cinnamon or even cocoa if you are allowed.
http://www.food.com/recipe/fla.....63437

There are many you tube videos and variations.
Just check if you are allowed flaxseeds since you are just starting out and you are trying to keto-adapt

I'll post the pancake recipe soon.

cbg

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 6:24 pm
Pancakes
https://www.eatfatbeatfat.com/.....cakes

cbg

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 6:32 pm
Here's a video of the flaxseed muffin/roll in the microwave so you can see how easy it is to make
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TqaCnbPcJDw
Literally 21/2 min.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note