Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Buy house between 200k-250k?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 1:07 pm
Hi, we live in a very expensive city, we are not looking to move right now but iyh in next few years, there is no way we can buy a house here or pay the high rent,
Please give me ideas of where we can move.

Big house at least 4 bedrooms,, yard ect 200-250k
We are yeshivish but not Lakewood yeshivish (we don't live in Lakewood) my husband is American Israeli so that also sort of makes is different...

My husband works in chinuch and kiruv. So Need place with jobs,
Thanks for all your help?!!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 1:13 pm
With jobs in chinuch and kiruv, it's kind of hard to plan down the line where you can move, it's about what is available at the time you're ready to move....but many, many communities would fit your demographic and budget.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 1:39 pm
Can you please give me names of places that u can buy between 200 and 250?

amother
White

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 1:48 pm
St. Louis, MO has one level houses in that price range (around 2K sq ft) and there are usually openings in the local schools. Cleveland would be another option.

CDL

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 1:52 pm
Rochester, Cleveland, Detroit.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 1:55 pm
I am very interested in Cleveland, I heard that 85 families form Lakewood moved there, is that true and did that effect the job market? I would imagine there isn't so many houses and jobs available bc of so many families moving there.
I would also be interested in Rochester especially since so close to tri-state area BUT I am concerned bc there Is only one school. What if it not going well for one of my kids I won't have other options also does Rochester have high school for boys and girls?

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 2:03 pm
Cleveland job market is tight, and difficult to break into especially coming from out of the area. There are houses within your budget for sure, but it's also competitive because there's such a high demand right now. The community is growing in leaps and bounds.

Rochester is a much smaller community but at a similar price point. The schools are very warm and there's a mix of different hashkafas and practices among the families who attend. There's a yeshiva high school for boys, and a separate high school for girls. The elementary school is mixed but classes are separated (boys/girls) from the early grades.

I've lived in both communities and they're both great places to live and raise a family, but it really depends on what you're looking for specifically.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 2:11 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Cleveland job market is tight, and difficult to break into especially coming from out of the area. There are houses within your budget for sure, but it's also competitive because there's such a high demand right now. The community is growing in leaps and bounds.

Rochester is a much smaller community but at a similar price point. The schools are very warm and there's a mix of different hashkafas and practices among the families who attend. There's a yeshiva high school for boys, and a separate high school for girls. The elementary school is mixed but classes are separated (boys/girls) from the early grades.

I've lived in both communities and they're both great places to live and raise a family, but it really depends on what you're looking for specifically.

Thank you for this, very helpful.

Is real estate in Cleveland going up?

How is the school In Rochester? Girls and boys Tull what age is it mixed?

Also is the property tax high in Rochester /Cleveland?

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 2:22 pm
How cold does it get in Rochester?

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 2:27 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you for this, very helpful.

Is real estate in Cleveland going up?

How is the school In Rochester? Girls and boys Tull what age is it mixed?

Also is the property tax high in Rochester /Cleveland?

From what I see, yes the real estate in cleveland is going up. Same is true in Rochester. The property tax in most of the frum area of Rochester is approximately 4%, or A little bit lower if you're willing to live a bit further out (I don't recommend it, especially if you're new to the area). Cleveland property tax depends on your area. Cleveland Heights and University Heights are also about 4%. Beachwood is lower, about 2%, but the houses cost significantly more.

I don't have kids old enough for school yet but the schools in Rochester seem very good. Very qualified, caring teachers. Individual attention to each student, etc. I look forward to sending my children to school here. I think the decision about which grade to start separating boys/girls is made depending on class size, but it's definitely before a certain point. I just dont personally know when.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 2:29 pm
Cleveland and Rochester climates are about the same. Both get cold and snowy. But both are excellent at plowing and clearing the streets.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 2:46 pm
Rochester definitely gets a lot more snow than cleveland. I think if your husband will only be looking for a chinuch / Kiruv job, it will be difficult in either place.
You can still well afford the prices in cleveland - either cleveland heights or university heights - but there is no telling what the future will bring. For a 4 bedroom house, University heights is definitely getting expensive already (relatively speaking)

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 2:48 pm
Thank you, what else can you tell me about the schools education??

marina

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 3:46 pm
You can get a 200-250 house in Beachwood, but you have to work a little for it.

Message me if you need a place to stay while checking out cleveland.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 3:48 pm
marina wrote:
You can get a 200-250 house in Beachwood, but you have to work a little for it.

Message me if you need a place to stay while checking out cleveland.

Thank you so much,!
Wht do you mean by work a little?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 3:51 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you so much,!

You'll want to make sure you have an income though as jobs in Cleveland are very difficult to come by.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 3:54 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
You'll want to make sure you have an income though as jobs in Cleveland are very difficult to come by.

Thank you, that's what I am afraid about, I definitely not moving unless I have a job lined up, therefore I am looking into Rochester as well.

But honestly, I am little afraid of the freezing weather, so I'm also looking into places with warmer weather even though those places are not so close to ny

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 3:55 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you, that's what I am afraid about, I definitely not moving unless I have a job lined up, therefore I am looking into Rochester as well.

But honestly, I am little afraid of the freezing weather, so I'm also looking into places with warmer weather even though those places are not so close to ny

You should also be aware that the types of frum communities in Cleveland and Rochester are very different. Cleveland is big city OOT; tons of shuls, kollelim, big schools, lots of people. Rochester is small town OOT; a few shuls, etc., few people.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 3:58 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
You should also be aware that the types of frum communities in Cleveland and Rochester are very different. Cleveland is big city OOT; tons of shuls, kollelim, big schools, lots of people. Rochester is small town OOT; a few shuls, etc., few people.

Yes thank you, as I wrote before I am. Very hesitant about small oot community Also...like what if one of my kids aren't ok in school I won't have any other options
It's so hard, I need a job but in big oot it's hard to find and I can't stay where we are because houses are way too expensive.

marina

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 4:04 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you so much,!

I don't mean work as in have a career. I mean work a little as in, it is harder to find a house in this price range in Beachwood, but you can, if you are on top of it and devote significant amount of time and patience.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating