Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Centipedes
Previous  1  2

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 11:45 am
I have no carpet. Only wood that my landlord finished with a clear finish. We pulled the carpet off the entire apt. and so there are holes and cracks all over the place. The house is old too, so cracks all over.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 11:46 am
FranticFrummie- you seem to know your way around the world :-) So I will ask you: is there something in the essential oils or cinnamon dept. that would keep mice away?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 1:02 pm
amother wrote:
FranticFrummie- you seem to know your way around the world :-) So I will ask you: is there something in the essential oils or cinnamon dept. that would keep mice away?

I had a problem with rats, too. Mad

Go to the hardware store. In the gardening section, you can buy crystals impregnated with coyote scent or cougar scent. It doesn't smell bad to people, but to rodents it smells like a predator has marked the territory. They won't go anywhere near it! Everything in my garage was getting chewed to pieces by nesting rats and squirrels, and this totally drove them out.

Renew it every 3 months, and you'll be fine. Sprinkle it behind the oven, refrigerator, under sinks, and in the back of cabinets. (If you clean back there every 3 months, you'll be ahead of the game for Pesach, anyway!) Wink

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 1:04 pm
What an interesting idea! Woulda never thunk of it!
I'm super super super sensitive to odoers/scents, etc. Does this powder have anything that can irritate my nasal passage ?
Any chemical stuff in that package that would trigger my laryngospasm?

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 1:34 pm
Please provide more information on which and how to use essential oils for this. If cedar oil would work that would be helpful to know since I need to order some now for another project.

mother for one

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 1:50 pm
I use this product from home depot for centipedes works quite well. I spray it in the floor near the woodworks and on window sills about every six month.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ort.....33872

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 2:15 pm
Diatomaceous earth works well, if it's food grade, yo ucan use it insde too, because it's non-toxic. If you have respiratory problems though, not reocmmended indoors.

Another important thing that helps is getting a dehumidifier. This can really make a difference.

Lastly, they can come up through the drains, so make sure to treat those areas as well, or at the very least have a humidifier in every room that has a drain.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 3:17 pm
amother wrote:
What an interesting idea! Woulda never thunk of it!
I'm super super super sensitive to odoers/scents, etc. Does this powder have anything that can irritate my nasal passage ?
Any chemical stuff in that package that would trigger my laryngospasm?

I have a chronic illness, immune issues, and DD and I both have asthma. I also have a very elderly dog who is quite sensitive to smells. The hardware store crystals don't bother any of us. If anything, it smells VERY faintly like peppermint, which rodents also don't like.

If anything, be careful with essential oils, as they can be quite strong and sometimes irritating.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 3:19 pm
mother for one wrote:
I use this product from home depot for centipedes works quite well. I spray it in the floor near the woodworks and on window sills about every six month.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ort.....33872

I'd rather keep those sorts of chemicals out of my home.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 3:20 pm
Thanks for all the info, FranticFrummie-
I searched Amazon for the crystals and can't find them. Would you happen to have a link?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 3:25 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for all the info, FranticFrummie-
I searched Amazon for the crystals and can't find them. Would you happen to have a link?

Pick your pee! https://www.predatorpeestore.c......html

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 3:29 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Pick your pee! https://www.predatorpeestore.c......html

Thank you so much!

I have mice by the dozen....

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 3:32 pm
I see they're meant for rats. Have you had experience with mice as well?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 7:13 pm
amother wrote:
I see they're meant for rats. Have you had experience with mice as well?

All rodents will be equally repelled. Mice, rats, squirrels, hamsters, gerbils, groundhogs, prairie squirrels, moles, rabbits...

Anything that is afraid of being eaten by a coyote will not come NEAR this stuff!

For the person asking about putting eucalyptus all over the house, your place will smell like a giant jar of Mentholatum. Cinnamon is much more pleasant for all involved, and works great.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 8:21 pm
Thanks for all your helpful info! Now I'll go ahead and face the task of choosing one from among the many bottles they sell on the site you linked. How would I know which one to choose? Eeny meeny miny mo?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 3:41 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for all your helpful info! Now I'll go ahead and face the task of choosing one from among the many bottles they sell on the site you linked. How would I know which one to choose? Eeny meeny miny mo?

You can always call customer service and ask what they recommend.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 9:42 am
Would this work for centipedes?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....lSrch
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics