Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
SCD (No grains/sugar) and 9 Days without nuts-Help!

anonymrs

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 2:02 pm
I'm trying to menu plan for this week and next week and the thought of eating sooo much fish is just gross to me. We usually eat eggs and yogurt for breakfast, fish for lunch. I don't want to eat more eggs or more fish for supper. Any NUT-FREE ideas?? Thanks!!

tichellady

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 2:03 pm
Can you have beans or soy?

anonymrs

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 2:08 pm
tichellady wrote:
Can you have beans or soy?

Some beans but no soy. Lentils are fine, too.

mha3484

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 2:12 pm
Lentil tacos, black bean burgers, the second silver platter has a quinoa sweet potato patty that is really good, Baked Falafel

sarahmalka

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 2:15 pm
Lentil soup. Chick peas. Lots of different veggie soups. Roasted veggies. Can you have hemp seed and/or chia seed? They can add some heartiness and protein to your veggie-based meals. I'd get an SCD compliant protein powder to make quick smoothies with, then you can have a smoothie at breakfast and save yogurt or eggs for lunch/dinner. Also there's nothing wrong with eating fish twice a day! Super healthy and if you opt for something like canned salmon or tinned sardines or tinned mackerel it's not so expensive. About the protein powder, one of my clinical supervisors said she uses any rice protein or pea protein powder in her SCD patients and they are very well tolerated. The protein powders are so purified that they are strictly protein not the carb portion so not likely to trigger reactions. Just watch for the sweeteners, many powders are sweetened with stevia which is fine in her opinion. Not sure why you are on the SCD- these tips about protein powder and sweeteners are for people on the SCD b/c of SIBO. That was the context in which I learned it. Good luck!

cozyblanket

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 2:17 pm
Well, beans are great. Rice and beans. Split pea soup with other beans in it. You can easily add beans to soups you are planning to puree. No one will even know they are in there! Egg drop soup with melted cheese in it (like how you add cheese to onion soup?).
What about milchigs?

tichellady

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 2:28 pm
What about vegetable soup and salad for dinner? Salad can include beans for protein or hard boiled eggs ( on yogurt days) and/ or tehina dressing

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 2:31 pm
I'm also on the scd. lentil falafel is a good option, but don't overdo it. consider making eggs in another form. I make blintzes using eggs, honey, and cinnamon or vanilla. you can fill it with a sweet cheese mixture, a veggie mixture, whatever. can you handle coconut flour? there are some great coconut pancake recipes out there. I make syrup by cooking frozen strawberries in honey for a few minutes.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 2:39 pm
You can make falafel from fresh presoaked navy beans. Serve over a hearty leafy salad with added cubes of avocado.

Make a new fish you haven't tried before like tuna steaks (which really do taste like steak if seared correctly) or flavorful seas bass skewers.

Make a treat like dairy ice cream starting with a yogurt made from heavy cream.

Black bean burgers layered with roasted Portobellos as buns.

Serve strawberries with sweetened yogurt.

Zucchini alfredo with garlic yogurt sauce with cubed salmon on top.

Eggplant parm with grilled slices.

Individual portobello mushroom pizza.

Zucchini ravioli.

If you have something interesting as the side the egg or fish main dish will be fine.

penguin

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 5:29 pm
I know many people on restricted diets were given a heter to eat chicken. Especially when not שבוע שחל בו

Please AYLOR!

anonymrs

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 5:34 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
I'm also on the scd. lentil falafel is a good option, but don't overdo it. consider making eggs in another form. I make blintzes using eggs, honey, and cinnamon or vanilla. you can fill it with a sweet cheese mixture, a veggie mixture, whatever. can you handle coconut flour? there are some great coconut pancake recipes out there. I make syrup by cooking frozen strawberries in honey for a few minutes.

THanks!! I just made blintzes. Great idea!

Can you give me the lentil falafel recipe?

anonymrs

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 5:36 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You can make falafel from fresh presoaked navy beans. Serve over a hearty leafy salad with added cubes of avocado.

Make a new fish you haven't tried before like tuna steaks (which really do taste like steak if seared correctly) or flavorful seas bass skewers.

Make a treat like dairy ice cream starting with a yogurt made from heavy cream.

Black bean burgers layered with roasted Portobellos as buns.

Serve strawberries with sweetened yogurt.

Zucchini alfredo with garlic yogurt sauce with cubed salmon on top.

Eggplant parm with grilled slices.

Individual portobello mushroom pizza.

Zucchini ravioli.

If you have something interesting as the side the egg or fish main dish will be fine.

Wow so many ideas!! I need some recipes please. If it's not too hard, can I have the recipes for

falafel
black bean burgers with portobella buns
zucchini alfredo with garlic yogurt sauce
zucchini ravioli

Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 6:21 pm
anonymrs wrote:
Wow so many ideas!! I need some recipes please. If it's not too hard, can I have the recipes for

falafel
black bean burgers with portobella buns
zucchini alfredo with garlic yogurt sauce
zucchini ravioli

Thanks!

No recipes just ideas.

Falafel
1 cup dried navy beans (presoaked and cooked and drained=will be about 3 cups cooked).
Process beans in food professor with fresh parlsey, 2 tbsp oil, 2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp each coriander and turmeric, 1 tsp salt. Process for 10 seconds. Stop motor and scrape down sides of bowl, then pulse for another 10 seconds, until all ingredients are well incorporated but mixture is still slightly coarse and grainy. Taste and reseason if necesary. Form into balls and brush with oil.
Bake at 425 on a cookie sheet for 40 minutes, flipping over halfway through, until falafel balls are crisp and browned.

Black Bean Burgers
Saute large onion with 2 garlic and 1 carrot until onion translucent. Add 1 tsp each cumin and coriander and continue to saute 10 minutes until soft.
Process the (already soaked and cooked, from 1 cup dry=3 cups cooked) black beans in food processor until chopped but not smooth.
Add the chopped beans to the sauteed vegetables and season with salt to taste.
Mix thoroughly together using a potato masher then shape the mixture into burgers.
Heat some olive oil at low/med heat and fry gently for about 10 to 15 minutes until cooked.

Zucchinioli
http://kitchen-tested.com/2015.....ling/
Good with farmer cheese and whatever shredded cheese you like.

Alfredo
No specific recipes but you can Google yogurt alfredo sauce.
http://www.lecremedelacrumb.co.....auce/
Use 2 garlic cloves instead of the powder.
Serve sauce over julienned zucchini that's been dried for a few hours on the counter over paper towels and then sauteed for 2 minutes so still crisp.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Jul 24 2017, 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 6:34 pm
lentil falafel

2-3 cups pre-soaked lentils (uncooked)
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic (I only had one so added dried minced garlic)
1 teaspoon parsley (I used oregano, no parsley on my windowsill Sad )
1 teaspoon coriander
2 teaspoons cumin
1/8 teaspoon turmeric
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

grind in a food processor
add one egg to the food processor.
use a tablespoon to scoop and deep fry.

anonymrs

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 8:44 pm
Wow! Thanks for taking the time to type these up mummie and ramom.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals