Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Camp Mommy and Judgmental People - Vent
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 11:31 am
Are people being sympathetic or judgemental? Op, you say yourself that ideally your kids would be in camp. You also say you feel bad they are not in camp. Most people agree with you that kids are better off in camp in the summer. Sure, people feel a little bad when they hear your kids are home. Especially since you yourself would prefer if they were in camp.
Are people actually making rude and obnoxious comments, or simply feeling bad?

anon for this

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 12:03 pm
amother wrote:
People are just judgmental in general. I get an earful all the time about not sending my 3 yo to school. DS is doing very well at home. No, he needs socialization!! Well until very recently kids didn't got to school until at least 7 and all the older people seem able to talk just fine. Besides, if I put DS in school and then had to ask for a tuition break, then they would be judgmental about that, so you can't win. Just do what you're doing and ignore them.

I agree with you. I didn't send two of my children to any school or playgroup until they were 4, for the last year of preschool before Pre1a/ kindergarten. This was unusual because most people in my community start sending children out to playgroup and then preschool from age 2. When one mother asked me what playgroup I was sending my 3 year old to, and I told her I was keeping my daughter home, she said, "Well, my son is so smart, I can't keep him home." (I was tempted to tell her that my daughter was bright enough, but that I felt I was still smarter than her, but I don't think she really meant it that way).

Both adjusted easily to school, and now they are in junior high and doing great B"H.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics